• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Hello guys, Im from UDK forums

AndyK

Sailor Apprentice
Hey, i talked to the... I don't remeber his nickname but he had loyts of "r"'s like Ska<something>rrrrr :D anyway, I love pirates and i agree that developers forgot about them. Thats sad, anyway i can model, texture. Besides that I know a lot of UDK. I can work with material editor pretty good, with BSP's know all about them and texturing them as well by that i mean make a tileble texture which is like very easy but still... I know how to work with landscapes as well, but for this game i beliefe my old computer wont be enough to handle( low end video card, udk has low framerate even in viewport) And im skilled with Adobe Photoshop i can make lot's of stuff with it but my passion are wallpapers :) Anyways i hope i will be usefull to you guys :D

You mean Thagarrrrrrr(...)rrr?

At this point, we need all the help we can get. I'm certain that we'll find multiple ways for you to help us. :cheers

Welcome to the forum, mate! Your efforts will be much appreciated! :woot

Well ty guys :) Thagarrrrrrr said that you still work on story and braistorming? My strong point is to give ideas weak point to expand them, but its fixeble since i can give ideas and you can put it all toghether, also i would love to model something and texture it, to be honest i like modeling process but what i really enjoy is texturing. Its a process where souless model comes to life with those well lets face it, taking away cryengine, UDK offers bets shaders that any person could ever want so yeah model comes to life with those best shaders. :D

As far as level design goes, i can help make the terrain and then send the map to another level designer that can put assets to it because my old lady here will probably blow up :D and same thing with BSP's, i make those, texture them and send it to you guys. Well i guess i will move on to brainstorming section, in the meanwhile if you need something modeled to your demo contact me :D

Note: I will start learning Kismet&matinee very soon.

Hey, i want just give you a tip if its ok. I think that you should really make a thread in which you will add recruitments so you wont forget who does what. You separate it by categories and write names or nicknames whatever is best for you. Just a suggestion because you have quite few peeps down here :)

What kind of models do you like texturing?

Something that just springs to mind is that somebody yesterday made an untextured character model that I'd like to see with more colours than just white/grey. :cheeky

Oh, a ship model is never lifeless. They are all alive-looking in some way.

If you want, you can take a look at some of the modeling we currently have going here. If I start getting into modeling again, I'll be able to provide some period head wear and weapons for you to texture. You'll probably be able to do that better than I can.

Well, i have 0 experience in character texturing, when i started as modeler i was on porps part never touched any characters or weapons(except once, i modeled beretta in blender. too bad my windows broke up and i need to reinstall my operating system, now i work with 3ds max tho) I saw that MARINE or something demo video and a user said that some sort of houses and stuff modeled would be good i can start on that

Location textures then? Will definitely be needed sooner or later. Probably later though, since nobody started on doing actual locations yet...

Ahoy AndyK, glad to see you finally made it over mate!

Dirt and sand wouldn't be a bad place to start actually, we have a couple of people currently working on getting some islands ready for the game, but they are not quite there yet. We will also need stuff like trees and rocks, natural stuff like that for the islands as well. Buildings will be needed once we get the islands in game, but that won't be till after we have the concept demo finished, hopefully Q1 next year some time.

Ahoy AndyK, glad to see you finally made it over mate!

Dirt and sand wouldn't be a bad place to start actually, we have a couple of people currently working on getting some islands ready for the game, but they are not quite there yet. We will also need stuff like trees and rocks, natural stuff like that for the islands as well. Buildings will be needed once we get the islands in game, but that won't be till after we have the concept demo finished, hopefully Q1 next year some time.
So you need sand, grass, dirt textures, rocks and some vegetation?

Welcome to the party!

It's really good to get UDK talent showing up. I'm not too familiar with UDK yet so forgive me if this question is redundant but when you say you're proficient with UDK do you mean the scripting/coding elements, or the visual elements of the development environment? IE: do you make pretty things or code gameplay mechanics?

Welcome to the party!

It's really good to get UDK talent showing up. I'm not too familiar with UDK yet so forgive me if this question is redundant but when you say you're proficient with UDK do you mean the scripting/coding elements, or the visual elements of the development environment? IE: do you make pretty things or code gameplay mechanics?
Nah i tried to code, nothing came out of it but the rest... i can heandle well

Back