• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Help, stuck right at the start!

I don't think we'll ever have as big a jump in quality as between Build 13 and Build 14.
If there will be a Build 15, I'd think it would be more small updates than anything truly substantial.
I've pretty much given up on my hope of one day porting to the Storm 2.8 engine or something. :shrug

Yah. It takes programmers and lots of programmers to port a game to another engine. That is essentially the plan with HOOCOTS. A bigger better POTC on a modern engine.

Well, HoO will not be a porting job, but a whole new game altogether. Inspired, of course, on our earlier work though.
Porting from Storm 2.0 to Storm 2.8 should be possible though. Just needs a lot of programming work. And I'm not going to do it! :whipa

lol, hey, you guys have already done a TON of stuff, this game is almost incomparable with it's base (in a very good way!).

That's for sure! My li'l brother's opinion of the unmodified game is: "creepy". :rofl

Well, pieter, a certain homely, creepy element has been lost with the build mod, idk, maybe it's because I've been playing this game since I was in elementary school on the xbox and pc, lol.

We lost the skeletons and mummies in random encounters. But I think he was referring more to the lack of "awesome coolness" that we now have. :wp

But to give you guys credit, I do like how cannons work in the game, I think this actually brings a bit of that element back. I'm mainly referring to how you can build a cannon anywhere using the buildset and then when trouble arises. :pirate41: I like how it can also harm you too, this adds realism.

Hey, the buildingset gets a lot of smack, but honestly, it's a cool feature.

Hey, the buildingset gets a lot of smack, but honestly, it's a cool feature.
Not from me it doesn't. For all its weirdness, I'd rather have it than not have it.
It is one more victory of Couchcaptain Charles over the game engine limitations. :cheeky

speaking of which, when was the last time that guy was around? I don't think he was ever around in any of the time I've been here...

It has been a while. But he sure left his mark on our current versions. :yes

Back