• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

hi guys help me :)

omega

a pirate wanna be.
hi i played stock potc recently and i was quite successful
generally i recruited my officer in lvl 1 (with nothing distributed) and do trade shop quest until my money and officers would be perfect for frigate(2 officer) and battleship(mine) then i start to play my real game
now i downloaded build 13 final and i want to know if such a things still work or should i chose a better, another strategy.
i know build 13 is out of date but for some reason i cant download build 14 until next month so you dont need to give me full tips about this build new features (also i would be very grateful if u do so :))

forgive me for my bad english its not my native language and many thanks for your help and for such a great works on modification of game and i also must say this community is great u guys are very hardcore fans, also i would not be surprised to see such a thing with the lack of a good pirate game people will make their own pirate game :)

btw i tried to download build 14 light version and it didnt work (obviously) it would be nice if u add a hint that light version can only be used for updating (i should have guessed it but well i was so stubborn :p)

:ahoy

You can think of Build 13 as the stock POTC on steroids. It is the same story but everything is bigger better and badder. It is a big ocean out there in the Caribbean and you can do whatever you want to do.
Play the standard storyline. Look for the side quests and play them. Be a smuggler. Be a pirate! There are more and better ships too. There is no "best" way to play. Also, build 13 is easier on older computers.

Build 14 has more storylines added and some of them are better than the standard storyline. It also has more side quests. It also has more islands and more and better ships.

Build 13 has a bigger ocean, as Hylie says. It also has some extra side quests which were left out of the stock version. You can also choose which flag to fly - your choice of nation's flag or your personal one. This can be useful if one or other nation hates you but you need to get into their port.

Once your reputation is improved to at least Matey, some of those extra side quests become available and you don't need to be particularly high level to do them. Falaise de Fleur, Redmond and Douwesen all have things to offer honourable captains...

The battleship is not necessarily the best ship in build 13. Speed and agility are more significant and while I liked using the battleship for general purposes in the stock version, it is too slow and clumsy for anything other than fortress bombardment in build 13. Even after I have acquired a battleship, I generally leave it under the command of an officer and use a frigate as my own ship, only switching to the battleship when I'm about to ruin a fort's day. :)

btw i tried to download build 14 light version and it didnt work (obviously) it would be nice if u add a hint that light version can only be used for updating (i should have guessed it but well i was so stubborn :p)
It should be there in the download description somewhere, but to prevent confusion, I just deleted the version from the ModDB altogether so only the Full version remains.
Where did you still find the Light version? We should probably delete that too.

thanks for the your help but even build 13 offer a lot of things to the game

well it seems i cant find lvl 1 officers anymore with good skills but its okay the game have a lot of good things to offer i just go to oxyen dungeon and slughter all (well i played the first difficulty lvl for start) and get a lot of money then get to secound part of dungeon it was very good killing monks that change to skeletens. but before that i accepted that wondering monk offer (the one that give me double hp) but after i finished with dungeon i find that i cant give it back to him :p and next monk should be somewhere in duswen jungle after hourse of wondering in the jungle and finiding out that people actually can give me skill bonuses, rubers can give me jewels, cutthrots can cut lumber for me. i give up i couldnt find that archipelego monk and i quite the game LOL, this time i wont do this mistake :D i will start again now :)

well i get light version here link

one little question why female main charachter get 4 bonus stat but male one get 2, i think there is a handicap for female one that i am not aware of

one little question why female main charachter get 4 bonus stat but male one get 2, i think there is a handicap for female one that i am not aware of
Positive discrimination?

It seems suitable to use this thread to ask, how to get better ships without changing the program. The highest I’ve boarded is a third rate battleship and best in a ship yard is a heavy trading ship, this lead to another question how does the system of ship classification work a level 1 in the ship yard is a level 4 out at sea. Any answers?

That is an inconsistency with the Battle Interface textures and some ships' official class number, which has existed for some time.
The correct class is the one stated in the shipyard and other interfaces showing the ship's screenshot. The classes displayed at sea need to be updated.

sorry i know its hard to support build 13 version but something is very wrong i hope u can help me

i did the quest strange thing happening on archipelago but i couldnt save or open any of the prions i never did the main quest so i ignore it then later i continued the main quest i am in the point when i must talk with the priest of the church of isla mule to find danielle sadly the priest (witch involved in other quest) dont talk to me at all so i cant access the library. is there anything i can do or i should start all over again?

edit: lol it seems that father is still in the cave well its good that i dont need to start again seems like game make a clone of him in the church :p

I know that problem. I think the issue is that you need to visit the prisons at day, unless you're talking about the greenford prison. Also, last time i checked, the end of the quest's a bit buggy. Not going to puerto rico right after you've defeated the mephisto, but going to bonaire instead, might avoid the issues.

I know that problem. I think the issue is that you need to visit the prisons at day
hmm i got it probably because the church is closed at night priest think he should not be in the cell too .so that's why i didnt find the priest when i was doing the "strange things on the archipelago" beacuse he was sleeping in his house :p

unless you're talking about the greenford prison. Also, last time i checked, the end of the quest's a bit buggy. Not going to puerto rico right after you've defeated the mephisto, but going to bonaire instead, might avoid the issues.
no i mean that red rob cult cave (witch had 4 cell or 5 i dont remember exactly) the priest is there and i actually never go to isla mule (puerto rico :p) after defeating mefistu i always go to the Douwesen (Curacao) and Redmond ( Jamaica) to claim my rewards, sadly i dont know where is bonaire
but its very funny that that priest in the cell think he is in church and want to take my donation :p LOL

Ah yes, this is a long-standing issue that we're aware of. I can't remember whether we fixed it in Build 14, though, because we lost the Bug Tracker. :facepalm

Douwesen is Bonaire, not Curacao.

I know Captain Maggee fixed this. And then he fixed it again. And again. And it seems whatever you do, it keeps cropping up. But it's been worked on for sure.

Well, whatever the case, i vaguely remember that going to puerto rico to potentially repair the mephisto right after you've captured it is a bad idea. I think it crashes the game. I also remember that problem being fixed for a while, but it appeared again.

thanks guys i hope i can download last build soon so i wont bother u with old things that most likely fixed by now

Douwesen is Bonaire, not Curacao..
eh but this is what u said in the faqs its my resource to understand what u guys talking about some times :)
- Douwesen > Curacao

eh but this is what u said in the faqs its my resource to understand what u guys talking about some times :)
- Douwesen > Curacao
Indeed you're right; that's wrong in the FAQ and I have now fixed it accordingly. Douwesen really IS Bonaire.
Thanks for catching that! :doff

your welcome, i am happy to help even if its very little. and sorry to make theories after theories i do it so it may help a moder to catch that bug sooner i hope it dont get annoying

Ah jeeez, that can get complicated.

The best way to do that quest is: Land at the cove during the day, fight the animists, turn right and fight the leader, talk to the priest, leave and fight the Mefisto, sail to Douweson/Bonaire, sail to Redmond/Port Royal, sail to San Juan.

But! This quest is tangled up with the main quest so that it is best to do this one before you ever meet Danielle or things get messed up.

Back