• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

hi guys help me :)

Does that mean the main quest / Strange Things entanglement has re-appeared in Build 14? I know there is a problem in the stock game because of Padre Domingues' involvement in the main quest, which can cause hiccups if he's supposed to be stuck in the animists' cell. Build 13 seems to have resolved this; I've run both quests together and the replacement priest stays in Isla Muelle church until you have released Padre Domingues. On the other hand, there's another entanglement between the Strange Things quest and Saving Toff's Daughter. The last time I had both those quests running at once, when I tried to leave Douwesen town to get to the port I got the message about going to free the padre rather than the choice to go to the girl. Fortunately Saving Toff's Daughter is quick and easy provided you have high enough reputation, so I get that out of the way early.

I'm not really sure if it ever left. Playing them both at the same time isn't an issue, it's playing certain parts of both quests at the same time.

The quest confusion has been there as long as I have been playing. I never noticed a problem with Toff's daughter, probably because I do that one as soon as possible just to get that sword. Without it combat is impossible.

The only problem with toff that i know of is that you need to do it the first time you get the chance, or it'll bug. I do remember seeing that dialogue mixup once though, but i don't remember if there were any related bugs.

i still using build 13 final:
hmm OK i searched a lot but couldn't find this i just want the shops to sell items without lvl restriction not that they always sell everything but just remove the lvl restriction,
for example that groger samsa dont sell anything useful to my lvl 1 character but i know he have some good equipment because when i kill him he have them :p where can i change this?
and what is the maximum quality of items because i changed samsa quality (in dialog folder right?) to 140 and now he dont have anything useful except the best spyglass
well if there is a site about this things or there is toturial, the adress would be enough
thanks

there is nothing like that
i think i know what's the problem in interface option there is a additional option but when i click on it nothing happen

edit: i am so stupid sorry it was in the faqs in build 13 i must tweak buildsetting.h

thanks

about ship choice some people says schooner is the way to go i get a fast schooner with 20 speed :O (pirate ships are the best :p) but even with sailing 10 i cant outrun or get close enough to big ship to start boarding (also because i am on hardest difficulty i wont be sure if i capture the ship or not ) how this is possible i have speed maneuverability (all sailing ability purpushed too) how u get close to ships so that u wont go to the depth of see and meet the sharks :aar i realy cant understand how anyone can fight without atleast a light frigate (my personal choice it have speed and firepower) i generally cant start my sea fighting before getting my hands on this big ships

another question: i am a cutthroat (in relation screen) so i am not famous ,when i get close to turk i raise pirate flag but anywhere i go (in turk island of course) a pirate super frigate with the name "speedy" try to attack me, is this a quest ship or something (i have build 13, and i am using arcade mode sailing)

another question what determine cannon loading time
u know i had a super frigate but later changed to a personally modified black pearl by Kazeite the problem was that my cannon loading time increased a lot the only relevent change i made was that i changed its 24 caliber to 42 but i didnt change refship.cannon
orginal:
refShip.Cannon = CANNON_TYPE_LONG_LBS24;
refShip.MaxCaliber = 24;
modified:
refShip.Cannon = CANNON_TYPE_LONG_LBS24;
refShip.MaxCaliber = 42;

in both super frigate and black pearl installed the same 32lb long gun

Sorry I missed this Saturday.

It is possible to capture most any ship with most any ship. But a lot of strategy is needed to beat a big ship with a small one.

Are you on good terms with the pirates, or are they mad at you? You need to raise the pirate flag well before you get anywhere near Turks or they will ignore it.
Also, do you have a treasure quest at Turks? If so, that ship is guarding the treasure.

POTC only allows cannons up to 32 pounders. Also, the larger the cannons the larger the crew needs to be. And then larger cannons take longer to load.

oh yes i had a treasure quest. i saw pirates on land that defend the treasure but never saw ships defending them many thanks
i learned a little how to avoid enemy fire when i approach enemy ship (one thing i learned was to start the battle when my ship is behind the enemy ship on the world map it helped a lot), there is only one problem that i dont know the wind direction on world map

about cannon as i said both ships had the same cannon type when i used them in sea another thing i changed was that i set black pearl as a rank 1 instead of rank 3 ship and black pearl had 600 maximum crow and 40 gun when super frigate had less maximum crow and 42 gun both ship had their maximum crow and i had all the abilities, maybe it was a bug
thanks m8

Today I have the good old days because of the Build13_Final installed again and now I have 2 questions.

- No one can talk. The music works fine. But otherwise, no one talks. What can I do?

- At sea, I can not save even after the battle is over no save possible. Saving is only on land, how can I change this?

It's a long time since I played the Build13, I currently have no idea how I solve the problem.

No one can talk? I do not know what to do about that.

It is not possible to save at sea in build 13. It was added not long ago in build 14. Maybe a coder could tell you how to do it.

Back