• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

HMS Ajax

The Constitution that we have was made by ZarethPL; I'm pretty sure he didn't use Sketchup.
Commodore John Paul Jones was once making a Constitution in Sketchup, but that was never finished.

Oskar, do you know how to get ship models from Skecthup into PotC/CoAS?
If not, that's something important to figure out. Might not be that easy... :?

I don't remember if he ever got to the stage of converting to ingame.
You can try sending him a PM though, Oskar.
Alternatively, figure out what formats Sketchup can export to that Maya can import.
For a proper conversion into the game, you'll need Maya sooner or later.

you'll need a converter. sketchup has it's own unique format, for as far as i'm aware.

I don't remember if he ever got to the stage of converting to ingame.
You can try sending him a PM though, Oskar.
Alternatively, figure out what formats Sketchup can export to that Maya can import.
For a proper conversion into the game, you'll need Maya sooner or later.

Form what i remeber he allso made his uss enterprise in sketchup, wich he then handed over to me, didnt port it in game thou couse of way to high poly count

You had me confused there for a second, thinking that the USS Enterprise we've got is Kazeite's. That was until I read the rest of your post. :razz

Do you have any idea how to port it over though? At least in concept?

You had me confused there for a second, thinking that the USS Enterprise we've got is Kazeite's. That was until I read the rest of your post. :razz

Do you have any idea how to port it over though? At least in concept?

export it from sketchup as obj and do the rest in maya that's all that is to be done

Thank's very much, i've got also deep exploration but in it the model look ok, like in sketch up, but when i export it as wrml and i open it with tool it looks like s** t, but in maya, converted with deep e. it looks ok :shrug

Another update, what do you think?

Attachments

• Ajax20.jpg
    Ajax20.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 230
Hi, please can you tell me in detail how to export a gm in maya? I read the tutorial but i can't anyway :shrug

Hi Oskar,
It's all about locators when exporting.
Zareth will most likely help you finish your model,he's the ship man.
BTW, have you made a walk/path file,(transparent deck copy with cut outs for cannons & masts etc.),for your ship yet....neccesary for crew to be visible.

damski

No, first i've to finish the hull, then i'll copy the deck in a new file and save it path, it's ok?

Hi pirates, i broke the monitor of the pc, two days and i get the new one, then i'll go on with the works... :shrug

Hi Oskar,
Oskar94
Posted Yesterday, 10:16 PM
Hi pirates, i broke the monitor of the pc, two days and i get the new one, then i'll go on with the works...

I hope it was an accident...modeling gets a bit expensive when it gets you annoyed xD:

damski.

Hi, got the new monitor, now i'm working on the bow decorations, i don't know their name in english, in italian they'r called serpi, i made the horizontal ones, but i'm not sure how to make the verticals, any idea?

Back