• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

HMS Greyhound a small frigate

Very nice ship... Q: How often do you guys see her for sale?

I've been trying to find this ship, so far no luck what so ever.

I've seen her a lot in my latest testing, but thats only at sea. Thre was a Spanish fleet i attacked that had 2 of these ships in it and i captured them both and still have them now. :dance

Ah right, I've been sailing around and so far seen one, but it was English (my allies). I've not seen another at all so far.

Will this work in PotC? This is the ship I am currently sailing and don't want to mess things up. And thank you for your work. :bow

Aye, all his latest work in fixing the bug can be re-converted to PotC.
Just involves merging the flag locators with the existing models, essentially.
Also needs to be HEX-edited to use the correct PotC textures.
Don't worry, it's on my list of things to do. But I'm afraid exam revision is currently taking priority, for me.
mybad.gif

But I know these models quite well, so it won't take me long to convert them once I get some free time.
icon_wink.gif

I was doing the PotC conversion work on this ship and noticed that some ropes were missing,
namely the ones that use the fal locator type instead of rope.
However, just changing fal to rope messed up the rigging very badly in a picasso-esque kind of way. :modding

Picasso? Well, at least your not doing Dali.

Oh. I've spent some time with the Greyhound and noticed something. When viewing her with a telescope the black bands along her sides flicker. They go from solid black bars to raggedy chopped up sawtooth looking things. Has anyone else noticed this?

I was doing the PotC conversion work on this ship and noticed that some ropes were missing,
namely the ones that use the fal locator type instead of rope.
However, just changing fal to rope messed up the rigging very badly in a picasso-esque kind of way. :modding
I just did a quick experiment and found no problems changing them to 'rope', myself. :?
My guess is that there may be conflicts if you just change the 'fal' part.
For example, changing 'falb3 and fale3' to 'ropeb3 and ropee3' may cause a conflict if there was already a 'ropeb/e3' pair.
I experimented by changing said fal locators to 'ropeb300 and ropee300', and the rope turned up in-game.
My advice: try again with large numbers which are most likely unused, and see if that helps. :yes

I've spent some time with the Greyhound and noticed something. When viewing her with a telescope the black bands along her sides flicker. They go from solid black bars to raggedy chopped up sawtooth looking things. Has anyone else noticed this?
I can't say I've seen that myself, but I'd guess that pgargon's updated version may fix it, if it's linked to reverse lighting, maybe. :shrug

I'm pretty sure you're right on the picasso issue; good call on just adding two zeros.
Sounds easier than actually having to think about it! :razz

I just found an error in the printed model plan. Accordingly, the Greyhound 14% is too small. :modding
I'm working on correcting the error. Monday should be an update available then. If it does not bother you can of course play with the smaller model. Here is a size comparison. :?

HMS_Greyhound_New13.jpgHMS_Greyhound_New12.jpg

Sorry for the error. :facepalm

I hope you can fix the light bug of HMS.Victory.This is my favourite ship :rolleyes:

@ DF5
Le Superbe and the Victory are the next ships for the reverse lighting bug fix. ;)

Back