• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

HMS Surprise

Astounding is what she is! Great work to both Jack and Craiggo! :bow
I'm already setting her up for PotC.

Wow... Nice boa... I meant ship you have there
w00t.gif

The only thing missing now is M&C storyline

There were talks about potc-coas movies or trailers. Maybe someone will make a Surprise vs Acheron movie for ModDB? We already have the french version of Constitution and Aubrey model too
w00t.gif

Oh, dammit. Here come the problems.

The walk path is slightly flawed below deck. By slightly flawed, I mean you can see the upper deck while below deck.
It's fine on the upper deck and in the cabin, though, so lowering the camera locator isn't going to help much. :facepalm

Also, the rigging isn't the same as the Patch 6 HMS_Surprise, which is what I suggested to use.
That rigging is slightly more accurate, and has a separate spanker model (unlike the current one which has a yard stuck to it!).
So, I'm adjusting the ship to use said rigging, and will set up the spanker to work properly.

BUT apart from that... this is by far the best Surprise model we've had yet! :keith

The walk path is slightly flawed below deck. By slightly flawed, I mean you can see the upper deck while below deck.
It's fine on the upper deck and in the cabin, though, so lowering the camera locator isn't going to help much. :facepalm

Also, the rigging isn't the same as the Patch 6 HMS_Surprise, which is what I suggested to use.
That rigging is slightly more accurate, and has a separate spanker model (unlike the current one which has a yard stuck to it!).
So, I'm adjusting the ship to use said rigging, and will set up the spanker to work properly.

BUT apart from that... this is by far the best Surprise model we've had yet! :keith

When your done, upload it back so I can check it out if you dont mind. I think the path has something to do with her planking bellow-decks.

I tested this Surprise on the mod without the Patch 6, and the locator camera was right, the i've installed the patch 6 full (yesterday), and the same ships, with same locators etc, had the camera too up, i did the walk file in this way because, after a research, i learned that in ship like this, on the gun deck, you could walk raised only in the higher part, so in the cabin...
Anyway you have only to put the path locator a bit down...

That is what It seemed like to me Jack. I t was like you had to duck every time you went by a beam like in real life. I'm keeping it the way it is.

When your done, upload it back so I can check it out if you dont mind.
Will do. :yes

Put the Path locator down, use this: -0,43
Thanks Jack, that does the trick! :doff

Unfortunately, I've also noticed something which was staring me in the face the whole time: there are no hatches on the gunports!
Any chance you could add those, Jack? It's quite a big thing to miss out. :?

Yes, i'll release a new file (soon) with gunports and anchors, and some fixing, so you'll need only to add a "part2" locator :onya

Ok, i did it but i forget the wheel :facepalm
Do you prefear i releas this without will and add it with tool or what?

Wow... I had a feeling that something's missing, but until you said it, I wouldn't have realised that! Guess the first impression overwhelmed me
laugh.gif
Seems the overall quality did a good job of disguising it; we were all too busy admiring the rest of the ship! :shock

Yes, i'll release a new file (soon) with gunports and anchors, and some fixing, so you'll need only to add a "part2" locator :onya
Thanks again Jack. :bow

Kewl.... taking a look in 5 minutes.

-->grabbing the "last surprise version Beta" folder, including subfolders, right?
has been last modified on 16/6/11

and the other misc surprise files are from 15/jan/11, slightly confused, unused to this kind of thing ;) :rolleyes:

I used this ftp settings: http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/10288-piratesahoy-ftp/

If this is wrong someone will say me where i have to upload the files?

Back