• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

HMS Victory [OLD VERSION]

Pretty! But why is it the same size as a galleon?

Here's a size comparison of the vessels involved. Is everything in perspective. :keith
The difference is more real than the old Manowar.

Size_Manowar_New_vs_Galeon_vs_Pinnace.JPG

The Victory had a length of 69 m as well as the model here. She was one of the largest vessels of its time. All models of the SOL in the game are much too large. (See 2nd picture)

Size_Manowar_New_vs_SOLs01.JPG

I downloaded this mod on the FTP, and I've tested it. There is a problem I found: The firelight is on the other side when the cannons fire. Please recheck and resolve it, thanks.

Attachments

• Corsairs3_0003.jpg
    Corsairs3_0003.jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 288
What program are you using for your ship-editing, pgargon? Maya or another program + TOOL? Because only Maya does it properly.
The Tool introduces the "reverse lighting bug", which might be the reason for the effect DF5 notices.

What program are you using for your ship-editing, pgargon? Maya or another program + TOOL? Because only Maya does it properly.
The Tool introduces the "reverse lighting bug", which might be the reason for the effect DF5 notices.

I'm using 3DS Max 5. :shrug

So, you are using TOOL to make final models, right?

Well, don't worry about it we have people here who can convert it correctly :)

Send a PM to ZarethPL when you're fully done with the model.
Hopefully he can fix her up for you. :doff

A canoe like this one would make a nice floating good in POTC, in battle or in a random directsail encouter, you would find and save shipwrecked people?!

A canoe like this one would make a nice floating good in POTC, in battle or in a random directsail encouter, you would find and save shipwrecked people?!
You already get to encounter that boat occasionally in DirectSail mode in PotC. :yes

Send a PM to ZarethPL when you're fully done with the model.
Hopefully he can fix her up for you. :doff

There is already a pre-release in my folder on the FTP HMS Victory (Manowar1_V8). Can anyone like to test. The final version comes next week. :ixi

What do you think abaout a franch skin? :sail

I think not,cuz how many victories were there?
I think that theres hould be only one and that it can be encountered.\
But that it is like the english manowar from stock potc.

Okay, the HMS Victory is finished. You can download the first release of my folders pgargon/HMS Victory. Have fun with it and I would appreciate feedback and improvements.

Special thanks to Oskar94 for creation of the ship's texture. :bow
Here are some more screens:

Victory1_01.jpgVictory1_03.jpgVictory1_06.jpgVictory1_08.jpgVictory1_11.jpgVictory1_12.jpg

Back