• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Hoist the Colours

I know it isn't locked, I have had that problem as well. (On the Chevelier storyline one time, I went to Santos' home on San Juan and the door was unlocked and I could not get inside. It is a glitch that happens if you have an partially unscripted code. If only I had my files from my laptop, I could walk you through it.

I'm sorry I can't be more help, I just have a busy school schedule with final exams and all. Busy, Busy, Busy! Not much time for the build mod anymore, but school comes first.

i agree . ive got exams coming up to and so im not going to be working on it till the end of june :(. thats why i wanted to do as much as possible today

The unlocked icon showing up with you still not being able to reload there usually means that the location code hasn't been initialized.
Can you post your quest location init file?

Yep my guess is that the door has been executed to be unlocked but the actually house does not exist in the Jack Sparrow files (so therefore you are trying to walk into the nothing)

hey. i just got back from the cinema. i wast watching pirates 4!. its really good but not as good as the first three which is kind of a let down. anyway here you go pieter

Attachments

• changes.zip
    4.7 KB · Views: 138
Try attached version. You did put the } at the end, but didn't remove it from the top, so the code is still not executed.

ok it worked. i have also changed matueos santos and ambroz bricinios int master ching and Hai sung. they also look asian (mongol). no i need to crop the quest down to only 1 assassination. and changing vito leone to misstress ching. by the way what character type should i use. maybe the pirate bartender on nevis?

actually im thinking of keeping the quest and the places the same and to only change the script and people as it would be loads easier. what do you think?

well there i am doing the scripts for the characters when guess what? another bloomin' problem.
this is getting very annoying.

i attached a sentance from the dialog which the character repeats twice for some reason and then he stops talking to me so we just stand there in the tavern.

Attachments

• this is annoying. i quit.txt
    245 bytes · Views: 155
Personally, I would suggest changing the location of the quest to Tortuga or Something, but if you feel that it is too difficult to do, you do what you find is best for you. How about instead of having them both look Asian, you change Hai Sung into the Sumphagee model instead.

to be honest it would be far easier if someone else did the coding because i am rubbish at it. after every 5 mins of coding i manange to get something wrong. it would take someone like pieter or magge 5 mins to do the coding and i get something wrong

You're learning, mate. We all started out knowing as much as you do. :yes

For that dialog file, did you change any text in it?

Yeah always back up files matey ;)

There is a program... Winmerge I think... that will show you the changes you have made :yes

As for your quest I made the other quests if you do the propary you got one of Jack's effects (ie his pistol, rings etc...) so maybe try and include that somehow as well to keep with the similarity ;)

EDIT: oh one more thing which character is Hai Sung? :S

Back