• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Hoist the Colours

hey were back online! finally. Hai Sung is the one that gives you the quest. i think his name was ambroz bricenios before that. ill have a look at that winmerge program if i can find it. it's just weird that he repeats his text twice and then just stops and stands there.

Instead of the Mandarin model for Hai Sung, I was thinking you could change him to the Sumphagee model instead so he could look like an old washed up first mate. At least it would be something new, lol.

Sumbhajee is a pirate lord; I wouldn't recommend doubling up his character model'.
My suggestion: just use temporary character models and maybe custom ones can be made later.

yeah thats not much of a problem right now. the problem is that hai sung repeats himself. if someone could send me a backup file of ambroz bricenios' dialog text file then we can get it all working again

See the "PB Temp" folder on the PotC Files FTP. I tried attaching the file to this forum post, but that didn't work. :facepalm

See here for the details: http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/10288-piratesahoy-ftp/

Are you using an FTP program? If not, get FTP Commander from the forum's Downloads section. Make sure your firewall allows FTP Commander to access the internet.

yeah i got FTP commander but it doesnt work for some reason :(

could you try to send me the dialog English Text of ambroz again and see if it works?

ok i have changed all of the characters skins and names all that is left is to change the diologs. hopefully this will actually work

Are you using the Inez Diaz skin for Mistress Ching? And are you keeping the locations the same, or changing them as your original plan (I don't think you stated which one you ultimately decided on doing)

yeah im keeping the locations the same and im using ines dias' skin. however i was testing the game out 5 mins ago and the same thing happened to matueos santos. he started to repeat himself after i killed pepin bertillon and returned for the reward. however i have not changed anything in his dialog.

Ah ok thanks for clearing up the name :onya

Are you going to do anything about Jack's 'affects' with the storyline? :?

Perhaps we could make it how he got his sword, the sword of Master Ching. Or maybe (I know that Davy Jones already gives you this stuff) but you could get your hat from it or something, and we could have Davy Jones give Jack just the coat instead (and we could add a new model that looks like how Jack did through most of DMC, with the bandana and the coat, but minus the tricorn. Another thought could be how he got his spyglass, or maybe even his voodoo doll (that would be an extremely bad*&@ weapon to add to the game! The allmighty voodoo doll!)

I like the idea of his sword or his hat! :onya

Has anybody played ALL of the sidequests recently and know what he does get from each? :?

i have played all of sparrows sidequests a few weeks ago
for helping sumphagee he gets a flintlock pistol
for helping jocard he gets gold and a quad barrel pistol
for helping chevalle im not sure he gets anything but someone will have to check
for helping villanueza he gets gold
for helping sao feng he gets an asiatic sword and the choice of a new ship

for helping mIstress Ching i agree that he should get the hat , the ring (which will be a piece of eight and he will have to give it to misstress ching)
and maybe a different weapon (something out of the ordinary like disney likes to make)

matueos is continuing to repeat himself after i killed pepin bertillon and returned for the reward. however i have not changed anything in his dialog. i have only changed his name and skin. :shrug whats wrong? :will

Back