• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Notice Hook's Mod for TEHO 1.7.0.ENG (09.04.20)

Hello, thank you for this mod. I used it on my first game on 1.7.0 , and I'm sure it was a very good tool, especially for the global map time speed (and surely for a lot of details that I could not see).
I'm sure you are aware of the open beta on steam of the new version of the game : 1.7.3. So I'd like to make a new run on this version, but I would like this mod or its features to go on.
Have you any plans for updating this mod or to make new ones for this version ? (to be honest, I'm a bit afraid to go without the global map time speed "fix" of the mod :D ).

Hello, thank you for this mod. I used it on my first game on 1.7.0 , and I'm sure it was a very good tool, especially for the global map time speed (and surely for a lot of details that I could not see).
I'm sure you are aware of the open beta on steam of the new version of the game : 1.7.3. So I'd like to make a new run on this version, but I would like this mod or its features to go on.
Have you any plans for updating this mod or to make new ones for this version ? (to be honest, I'm a bit afraid to go without the global map time speed "fix" of the mod :D ).
Hi,
There is a problem updating it right now: the scripts are open which is good. The modding will require new approach (my tehomod transparent system does not fit anymore).
So it probably will require some time to update the mod...

Thank you. Take your time ! I'll be patient... and good luck in your work ! I can imagine that it opens new mod possibilities so it's a very good thing.

"opens new mod possibilities" oh yes matey, its now as open as a biscuit box and by that i mean open as our beloved Akellas 2003 POTC who transformed itself into something really special with the Build mods and New Horizons, reasons had me away from gaming a while but this drove me back in a hartbeat, storm modding is dear to my heart and its open season on TEHO now, a happy hunt my fellow Navymen and Pirates, FIRE!! =D

@Armada still here ey, and Pieter must be hiding some where around here

With best regards

Last edited:
"opens new mod possibilities" oh yes matey, its now as open as a biscuit box and by that i mean open as our beloved Akellas 2003 POTC
Technically, even more open than Akella's 2003 PotC ever was.
I'll be very curious to see what's in store for the future.

@Armada still here ey
He's working on his Indie game "Buccaneers!":
Announcing Buccaneers!, a new Pirate Game from Skyward Digital

Pieter must be hiding some where around here
You really think I was hiding?
I've been posting only yesterday. :rofl

Hello, I understand that the mod isn't updated for the new beta branch yet, but would there be a way just to get the changed time scale working? I'm really enjoying the new update but it sometimes takes me longer to get somewhere than the missions allow and that can be frustrating.

Hello, I understand that the mod isn't updated for the new beta branch yet, but would there be a way just to get the changed time scale working? I'm really enjoying the new update but it sometimes takes me longer to get somewhere than the missions allow and that can be frustrating.

Hello and welcome to the forum.:ahoy

I copy you the answer left to the same question by the colleague who has updated the Mod.

I am playing the Beta and the first time limit missions can be done.

Hi,
There is a problem updating it right now: the scripts are open which is good. The modding will require new approach (my tehomod transparent system does not fit anymore).
So it probably will require some time to update the mod...

Last edited:
I am playing the Beta and the first time limit missions can be done.

Even the Regatta, or Regalla, or whatever the race quest?

I'm going to be honest, I really want to go back to this game with the new patch but I'm not sure if I should without this mod just due the time problem.

Anyway, I'm glad to hear the mod is being update!

Even the Regatta, or Regalla, or whatever the race quest?

I'm going to be honest, I really want to go back to this game with the new patch but I'm not sure if I should without this mod just due the time problem.

Anyway, I'm glad to hear the mod is being update!

I haven't gotten to that point in the game yet, I think only one of the developers can answer that question.

In the Discord of the forum they usually answer pretty fast.

Currently, there is no possibility to properly update the mod. Though it is still possible to do some things manually.
If you do have any questions please come into discord and ask them :)

Currently, there is no possibility to properly update the mod.
Why is that...?
Especially with the TEHO Beta with open PROGRAM folder, shouldn't it just take some WinMerge-ing...?

Why is that...?
Especially with the TEHO Beta with open PROGRAM folder, shouldn't it just take some WinMerge-ing...?
This is actually the problem. on each update/integrity check (happened quite often to me when I played TEHO) the scripts will be overwritten. Also, there is no more possibility to disable the mode before safe -> this may lead to some issues
This is mostly because tehomod likely won't work anymore with the new engine because it was oriented on binary patterns that are changed a lot.
The ideal solution would be to implement the proper modding system in the engine itself since it is now deployed with TEHO in steam.
But I literally have zero time atm :(

This is actually the problem. on each update/integrity check (happened quite often to me when I played TEHO) the scripts will be overwritten. Also, there is no more possibility to disable the mode before safe -> this may lead to some issues
I really haven't a clue how your modding worked without an open PROGRAM folder.
Really impressive to me that you and Hook managed to pull anything off at all!

But I can imagine if the "tehomod" and "Hook's mod" were never made based on the PROGRAM folder at all, that could indeed throw a wrench into everything.

At the same time, I would hope working the same functionality into actual code; rather than anything binary; should be much easier.
And once that's up and running, keeping that up-to-date with newer updates should be much easier.
Right?

The ideal solution would be to implement the proper modding system in the engine itself since it is now deployed with TEHO in steam.
When you say "engine itself" here, I assume you mean that PROGRAM folder; right?

It's a bit confusing to me to think of that as the engine; because on PotC that is what we always had access to in the first place; and made HEAVY use of too!
It was really only ENGINE.exe and the MODULES folder that we considered as the "engine" there.

But I literally have zero time atm :(
Ah; too bad.
But that can still change.
I sincerely hope you won't be drowned in busy-ness forever! :cheers

I am looking in the hookmod_settings.h and I do not see a section for the time compression. Even with the time slow down in the mod, I find the World Map travel moving time too fast. What is the value that needs to be changed to slow down the world time on the world map? For that value, does a higher number represent slower or faster time movement?

I am looking in the hookmod_settings.h and I do not see a section for the time compression. Even with the time slow down in the mod, I find the World Map travel moving time too fast. What is the value that needs to be changed to slow down the world time on the world map? For that value, does a higher number represent slower or faster time movement?

I can't answer that question, you can ask in the Discord ...

Join the PiratesAhoy! Discord Server!

Have to say, I really get used to the extra fuctions that Hookmod provided:
time compress, wind speed increase, wind direction reset, etc.
Hope the current problem will finally be solved.
Good Luck Capts!

Have to say, I really get used to the extra fuctions that Hookmod provided:
time compress, wind speed increase, wind direction reset, etc.
Hope the current problem will finally be solved.
Good Luck Capts!

In version 1.7.3 they have included several of the Hookmod improvements, although I must confess that I have not personally tested it.

Hi, I want try this mod and after install mod the game does not start. First, I copy and then paste the files into game folder and then I same do with activemap mod. In steam I click on play then I see just running and then nothing. The game does not start. Can you help me please what is wrong?

Hi, this mod only works with version 1.7.0.
Hi, I want try this mod and after install mod the game does not start. First, I copy and then paste the files into game folder and then I same do with activemap mod. In steam I click on play then I see just running and then nothing. The game does not start. Can you help me please what is wrong?
That mod only works with version 1.7.0, the latest version of the game is 1.7.3. Maybe that's the problem.

Back