• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved How can Import a AOP2 Sword to POTC:NH

Yes Grey Roger did the Interface Picture but with the Old one.
Because i have problem to make the new Interface Pics, i am not so goood in Grafik.

First i will try it with the Old one, so then it will works i start the Change,

No GOF at all.

I made a nation check of the storeowner and by that got the Katana NOT to be sold in no-pirate stores.
And to be sold in Tortuga, (if the katana.rare is between 0.05 and 0.6).

Pirate_store (Pirate_fort) and QC_store don't ever get that blade. Not even if I give the blade manually
to Kate Blowhorn QC for ex. There's something blocking this but I have no clue what.

Hm ok! I don't know it.
@Jack Rackham can you make the it can bought in all Pirates Stors!

How can Jack Rackham help?
@Pieter Boelen Can you help Jack Rackham with the Problem?

If is it possiple i like to have that Katanas Swords could only bought in any Pirates Stors,

@Pieter Boelen Can you help Jack Rackham with the Problem?
You really don't have to ask. Of course I'll do what I can. ;)

Pirate_store (Pirate_fort) and QC_store don't ever get that blade. Not even if I give the blade manually
to Kate Blowhorn QC for ex. There's something blocking this but I have no clue what.
The code dealing with what is and isn't available for purchase is relatively complicated and I don't have it quite clear in my mind exactly how it works.
The first thought that springs to mind is that it could be a relation between the quality of the store owner, the blade and the player level.

The first thought that springs to mind is that it could be a relation between the quality of the store owner, the blade and the player level.
Ok, thanks.
Lets keep the store owners as they are to not mess up anything else.
The player is at the moment level 1 which he of course can be at any game start. So left is the blade level to experimant with.
I had set it to 1 because I thought that was the most harmless. Going into testingmode....

@Pieter Boelen I have tow Little quest:
a.) If the Katana Sword Work from Jack Rackham does work Perfect, so please can you Tell me what i have to die
That me Threed Katana Sword can only Be bought on Tortuga Pirate Store.

B.) please can you Tell me what i have to die to make Different Color Sword Handle,
I have tow Tga Files für the Katana Sword.
I would like to have:
1 with a Blue Sword Handle
1 with a weite Sword Handle
1 with a Black Sword Handle
What Must i doe?

Cu PK

If the Katana Sword Work from Jack Rackham does work Perfect, so please can you Tell me what i have to die
That me Threed Katana Sword can only Be bought on Tortuga Pirate Store.
I do not know. Set their nation to PIRATE and see what happens.

please can you Tell me what i have to die to make Different Color Sword Handle,
I have tow Tga Files für the Katana Sword.
I would like to have:
1 with a Blue Sword Handle
1 with a weite Sword Handle
1 with a Black Sword Handle
What Must i doe?
1. Make modified copies of the files for the first one
2. Edit the texture files to look the way you want
3. HEX-edit the GM files to use the modified texture files instead
You can find a program that allows you to do that here:
Tools, Tutorials and Information | PiratesAhoy!

Hm ask Pieter Boelen!

Hm i hope you can fix it.

@ Pieter Boelen What can be the Problem be?

@all Hello how can help us with that Problem!

Last edited:
@ Pieter Boelen What can be the Problem be?
I have not a clue. Would need to be investigated.

@all Hello how can help us with that Problem!
I can pretty much guarantee you that nobody else currently active here knows either.

My time is extremely limited and if/when I finally do find time, there are a huge amount of more important things to be done.
The whole "what items are available where" system in the game needs a completely overhaul, for example.
But it has needed that for years, but if there is nobody available to actually do it, then of course it doesn't happen.

A few options for you:
1. Investigate it yourself (WARNING: This will be far harder than "adding a sword into the game"!)
2. Somehow find somebody who can investigate it for you (don't expect too much here)
3. Make it a unique weapon that is not available anywhere, then add one of them somewhere into the game
(give to a specific character/add dialog option to buy it/put it in a specific chest or random item locator/add a low chance for it in the Treasure Quests)
4. Live with it being available also from non-pirate stores

My guess would be the blade's ID as seen in "PROGRAM\ITEMS\initItems.c". I don't know what ID has been assigned to the katana, but for example, the Sabre of Nicholas Sharp is "blade18".

Then the lines in "initItems.c" which refer to "blade52", "blade53" and "blade54" will be the ones about your katanas.

Next to the blade ID is its model ID, almost all of which are the same as the blade ID to keep things simple. Model ID is the name of the model; if that is also "blade52", for example, then in "RESOURCE\MODELS\Ammo", there should be "blade52.gm".

Back