• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

How Do You Start Modding

Oh! Where'd you get the GM Viewer from?
From the Akella Tools archive or did you download seperately?
Because the one in the Akella Rools archive misses a required file.

i have attached my first practice at changing a ships texture slightly
i did it a few days ago i have done more since, its not much i just changed it
a tiny bit, can you tell me if it looks ok for a first time practice.

Dont forget its not too good it is a first go, so be nice
ow and it still has GIMP'S grid on

Your own skin seems to have blurred the stock details, how come?
the actual file isnt blured, its just the way i copied and pasted it and then uploaded it, the actual file is fine. and deataled.

also except the bluring, was that ok for a first practice?
ow and i have done better non-blured ones since

hi guys, ok i have uploaded the second practice i did as the first one was blured,
all i have done is changed the red centre planks to blue, as i am just getting the feel for this
so when i start proparly i can do it right, can you give me feedback. and like give advice on certan ways to do things.

p.s dont forget its a ruff design, its "Hooker1 Alpha 2"
it wont let me upload it :? however i assure you it is muche better than the original (wich i removed)
ill try to uplod it tommorow.

Merry Xmas

"Hooker1 Alpha 2" can you give me feedback and give advice on certan ways to do things.
also this one isnt blured. and i edited it on GIMP only slightly though so i could get the feel for this all i did was changed the red wood to blue. can you tell me if this is ok for a first practice?

Looks like you got the detailing right! Did you do the embroidery on the aft end yourself? It looks pretty convincing.

The purple might look a bit too "modern" but good first try - put it in game?

Specifically we want a skin for the "HMS River Thames" 6th rater ship; the purple strip should be white or yellow but whatever floats your boat, I'd love to see what you did in game!

(Ok I don't know how lol)

hey guys,
i just fuigerd out how to do realy good deataled wood, so i am going to try and make a few good textures. i
have a few good ideas, an now i have pacticed working GIMP i should be able to do some good work,
first im gona practice and try a kinda old woren white wooden sorta ship, maby with the lower hull darker, or something like that or maby the other way round, im not shure but ill find something.

also i attached a file with some of my wood work can you say if its sutibal and rate it out of 10#
one is in 200% zoom so its a bit blocky the other is in 50% so its pretty small. i just want to know if my wood work is ok before i move on to proparly doing a ship

I think that looks pretty decent! Painted but well-sailed wood.

Remember there's no limitation of detail on these textures, you can do whatever you like :3

HI guys
Ok I have been skinning ships for a few days now, so I have print screened one of the files on gimp
And uploaded it, so is it up to standard of potc new horizons and if not what will I have to
Do to it. Also it isn’t finished yet.

Metal plating? Those didn't exist historically; nor was it remotely practical to armor ships to that extent until the age of ironclads.

We need a white wood texture where the metal is, period.

i have been practicing texture art for ages now so i have uploaded a image of some wood work i have done
can you tell me if it is any good and can i start helping out officially

Attachments

• imagesCAG6K6JH.jpg
    imagesCAG6K6JH.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 93
That is nice work :onya (Ill wait till Thomas the Terror checks it out ;))

Didnt notice that SWS post above before, so much for not shutting down anyones ideas :rolleyes:

NOTE: other topic has been deleted, just so it doesnt get confusing. SD post moved here

i have made another image of the wood work, its longer and in a few differant colours,
can you tell me if it is any good?

ps its quite a small image, but i assuer you its much larger in real life :)

Attachments

• imagesCAG6K6JH2.JPG
    imagesCAG6K6JH2.JPG
    8.2 KB · Views: 83
Image it self is not bad... But in any case, It's unuseful ingame... At least while none from modelers adds it on model...

I suggest you
A) chose something to recolor...
B) Practice your photoshop skills further, and might be someday you'll receive request to make custom texture... :onya

Image it self is not bad... But in any case, It's unuseful ingame... At least while none from modelers adds it on model...

I suggest you
A) chose something to recolor...
B) Practice your photoshop skills further, and might be someday you'll receive request to make custom texture... :onya

how do i become a modeler, and is there a trutorial for it

Back