• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Im not sure on how to install build 14

AdamH1990

Powder Monkey
hello all :)
this is either my 1st or 2nd post!
ive been playing this game since it aint game out and the game before it (sea dogs). I love these games and never had problems. Now my problem is, i have build 13 i think its the full version, installed working fine. i want to upgrade it to build 14. ive down download the build 14 patch n everything. But i cant se how to install it. I thought about taking the game off and reinstalling but i didnt want to do this just in case i didnt have too!. ive got the files on my desktop ive extracted the files etc and cant get no further, im not sure on how to upgrade it etc, do i need to unstall everything?.
i hope you guys can help!!
many thanks
Adam.
P.S sorry for spellings and if it dont make sence, im dyslexic. which is also why i dont know much about computers etc :). Go's over my head!

Ahoy! :gday

How much room do you have on you hard drive? If there is room, just install PotC again. Then install Build 14 beta 1 full into the new PotC. Or you can install Build 14 onto your Build 13 install.
Get it here.

http://forum.piratesahoy.net/files/category/8-development-modpack-versions/

Follow the directions carefully.

Then get Build 14 Beta 1 Patch 5 from the same page, and install it following all directions carefully. You do want to install the patch because Build 14 without it is a bit buggy.

When you have questions feel free to ask. Someone will be wandering around here. :j1

Hello!
thanks for the reply!
I have it downloaded, just not sure on how to install it, ive unstalled potc il re install it :). n re download it build 14 :) full version

Hello!
thanks for the reply!
I have it downloaded, just not sure on how to install it, ive unstalled potc il re install it :). n re download it build 14 :) full version

The downloaded version i got is, from here
http://forum.piratesahoy.net/files/file/84-build-14-beta-1-patch-4/

il download the version you said to download as im getting nowhere!!!

OIC.

You were trying to install patch 4 without installing Build 14 Beta 1 Full first. :wp No wonder it didn't work.

Please install "Build 14 Beta 1 Full" first. We started with patch 1 nearly a year ago and are now up to patch 5. This time last year I was in your position, with no knowledge of how to get the thing working. Keep on keeping on. :p3

OIC.

You were trying to install patch 4 without installing Build 14 Beta 1 Full first. :wp No wonder it didn't work.

Please install "Build 14 Beta 1 Full" first. We started with patch 1 nearly a year ago and are now up to patch 5. This time last year I was in your position, with no knowledge of how to get the thing working. Keep on keeping on. :p3

hahaa i cant belive that :$. im downloading it now. it keeps having timing out problems tho, is the torrent dowbload better and quicker?

Is the torrent quicker? For me downloading from here is much faster. Unless there are problems. Then the torrent is faster. Methinks it took CaspeR 8 hours to get it with the torrent, but the torrent verifies the files as they are downloaded. He has what I have, which seems to be working ok.

See the Build 14 Beta 1 thread for instructions and two mirrow download links that you can try:
http://forum.piratesahoy.net/topic/15382-build-14-beta-1/

Hello all, i downloaded it through at the night!. just set it up. how do i install the patch? i typed in Run, in the rename file but it says cannot find file etc installion complete?.

Ok, i just woke up, so might not get this right. :j1

You click on the b14 beta 1 patch 5 .exe. A box comes up asking where to install it. You scroll down to your PotC install and click ok. It installs itself.
Then you open up your PotC main folder and find runme.bat, or rename.bat. Whatever.... Click that. A black box opens up and you click any key. It scrolls for a while. Then you click any key and it disappears.

Now you play the game! :yoho

I heartily suggest you take the time to go through all of the things in "options" first.

Hey all
Right ive ran into a lot of trouble :(. I installed it all and i had a runtime error couldnt find a file or something. So i took it all off, and reinstalled but the game asnt been right since, slow, music skips, So ive freed up space on my hard drive, unstalled potc and then went to put it back on, all i get now is the unstalling thing. i cant install it :(. i dont know this as happened, i follow the instructions on the screen :(.
I have still got the mod 14 pack and patch 5 downloaded on here in a file.
I hope someone can help me with this. not had this problem before :(!
Adam

Uh oh. PotC is a stand alone program. That means there is no part of it outside of the PotC folder. If you want to un-install it, you can delete the whole folder with no bad side effects.

Hey all
After much deleteing files and trying to unstall the game, it worked, i reinstalled it this afternoon with build mod 14. it works! ive just installed patch 5 over the file pirates of the carribean? hopefully this is right. after the of build 14 it ran rename file and it copied loads of files? i hope this wasnt the patch?. Now the only issue i got left is when i ran the game to test if it works is this, everything is slow and clitchy it doesnt run smooth. but build 13 with its patch, ran perfectly fine?. ive got a Toshiba laptop with AMD processor up to 2.4ghz, on board graphics ATX radion, 2GB Ram, 320GB hard drive, i have unstalled some programes i dont use for this game. when i installed build 14, i did click the other 2 options for better graphics, could this be a problem?.
Adam

Ayup! That could be a problem. Those two options are ENB and swiftshader. Your laptop might be able to handle ENB, which can give slightly nicer hilites, but it does deliver a big performance hit. Swiftshader is a work around for Intel graphics. You have an AMD video card. Uninstall swiftshader first and see how it runs. I'm not sure how tho.

Ayup! That could be a problem. Those two options are ENB and swiftshader. Your laptop might be able to handle ENB, which can give slightly nicer hilites, but it does deliver a big performance hit. Swiftshader is a work around for Intel graphics. You have an AMD video card. Uninstall swiftshader first and see how it runs. I'm not sure how tho.

I just reinstalled build 14 with the patch i hope, with out the 2 options il restart it after defreg is complete and test it :)!.

The descriptions in the installer are swapped; don't use those.
Get ENB from the ModDB seperately if you want to try it; that one also has a deinstaller if it doesn't work well.

Hi Pieter

im just finishing reinstalling potc and build 14 with out the add on ENB etc. i hope it works!. i need to play this game! i loved build 13 full!!.
Right its finished
im gunna try and play!
Adam

It all loads fine, ive tinkled with it all on settings and effects. its still slow and clitchy and i went to start a game. it crashed. windows 7 64 is alright for this game??. it ran build 13final sweet!. but not 14?. do i need build 13 installed to run 14?.
i duno what else to try, ive uninstalled this game reinstalled this game. i dont know if i have put the patch on. Is this the problem?.
if not last try and tinkering then il give up for a bit and see what i can do. its on my laptop windows 7, 3200GB hard drive, ATI radioun graphics, 64bit i think. AMD 2.10hz i got it wrong last time i said 2.4 i think.
I dont understand this, it ran build 13 full sweet as a nut.

Have a look at our FAQ for how to turn on error logging: http://forum.piratesahoy.net/topic/14915-build-mod-and-forum-faq/
That might point us in the right direction. The game runs fine on my Windows 7 laptop.

Back