• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

WIP Improvements to Smuggling.

I definitely dont think playing a drug smuggler is little better than playing a rapist which is a really upsetting thing to say
I don't think @Grey Roger meant it to be upsetting and I most certainly didn't either. The way I figure it, both are reprehensible beyond any reasonable level.
Comparing the two is like asking whether Hitler or Stalin was more evil. Of course it is possible to compare them and there seems to be a correct answer too.
But what's the point? Evil is evil and whether it is "very evil" or "very very evil", I strongly object to it either way. ;)

the combat system, in my exp, doesnt leave a lot of room for tactics and mobility, so if they just swarm you and kill you, thats frustrating
Fair point. :onya

Okay so no opium expansion. I do like the idea of @Grey Roger of maybe trying to go to the source (and if you are a good character try to shut it down).

The "oh shit scenario" is probably something we need to test to see how it works out. And ofcourse it will only happen if you smuggled quite a lot already etc.

If someone has some historical data about penalties for smuggling that would be nice :).

Can I ask why?
Yes! I like to play as a privateer and treasure hunter, and sometimes as an officer to try out the
different type of ships. I'm quite satisfied with that. I never have been in the mood to smuggle,
don't know why. That's how it is. :)

Btw a question. I just noticed this in the code:
Code:
    float largegroup_chance = 100.0;
    if(CheckCharacterPerk(Pchar,"ImproveSmuggling"))
    {
        largegroup_chance = largegroup_chance*0.5;
    }
    largegroup_chance = 100;

Is there a reason we always want large groups? this way you will always have a group of 6 guards, if the last line is removed it's possible to also encounter a smaller group of guards.

Yes! I like to play as a privateer and treasure hunter, and sometimes as an officer to try out the
different type of ships. I'm quite satisfied with that. I never have been in the mood to smuggle,
don't know why. That's how it is. :)
sounds like a snitch to me :ninja:p

Code:
    {
    }
    largegroup_chance = 100;

Is there a reason we always want large groups? this way you will always have a group of 6 guards, if the last line is removed it's possible to also encounter a smaller group of guards.
I deffo didnt add that, seems to kinda defeat the point of that smuggling perk? 100% without it also sounds a bit much maybe

Code:
    {
    }
    largegroup_chance = 100;

A better question might be, is there a reason we never want large groups? ;) Looking further down the same code:
Code:
    int numguards = 6;
   String IDXname;
   if(rand(100)<=largegroup_chance) numguards = 2;
In other words, "largegroup_chance" is always set to 100, and if a percentage check is less than or equal to "largegroup_chance" (which it always will be), there are 2 guards instead of 6.

It appears to have been like that for rather a long time.

A better question might be, is there a reason we never want large groups? ;) Looking further down the same code:
Code:
    int numguards = 6;
   String IDXname;
   if(rand(100)<=largegroup_chance) numguards = 2;
In other words, "largegroup_chance" is always set to 100, and if a percentage check is less than or equal to "largegroup_chance" (which it always will be), there are 2 guards instead of 6.

It appears to have been like that for rather a long time.
weird, Im sure Ive encountered groups of six o_O

I think I said at some point I was gonna make it so you cant ask your officer to scout while at sea but then I completely forgot. it came back to me tho, so I added a simple !bSeaActive check and it seems to work, you can send them on land, when on the deck at port, but not on deck when sailing

Attachments

• Enc_Officer_dialog.c
    50.2 KB · Views: 169
Back