• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Included in Build Improving the Smuggling System

There is an option in the dialog when you talk to the Smugglers Agent for the 2nd time ( after you have found out the schedule ) to abandon the smuggling if you are not happy and think you can't do it. ;)

The schedules change over time - check your ships log for notifications if they are increased or decreased.

Ships log is updated by asking tavern keepers for any news.

:read

Well, there is this huge 10-minute window and I've just bought a simple clock, I should be OK. :napoleon
By the way, what have happened to island maps? It looks like in beta4 they are pretty hard to find. Nobody was willing to sell me one in San Juan, and things seem to be no better in Charlestown. How I'm supposed to know where smuggling locations are?
I know there is an archipelago map in Documentation folder, but I think this information should be more readily available in-game.

The stores hardly ever have maps so you will have better luck checking with the street merchants, especially in the rich colonies. The poor ones don't have anything worth buying.

Wasn't there a time when a map of current location was (almost) obtainable in that location? I might be confusing PotC with some other game here, it's been a while since I've played it last time.

Not that I know of. What you can do is drop the difficulty level to apprentice in the options and then you can fast travel to where you want to go. When you have done that, then you can go back to your favorite difficulty level and you can still fast travel there. Then you can head back to town from there and find out where you were. :pirates

By the way, what have happened to island maps? It looks like in beta4 they are pretty hard to find. Nobody was willing to sell me one in San Juan, and things seem to be no better in Charlestown. How I'm supposed to know where smuggling locations are?
It seems their appearance is quite random. Sometimes there are plenty, sometimes not so much.
Not quite sure why. The whole item trading system is due for a rewrite after Beta 4 has been released anyway.

@Levis: In my current game a have only 4 persons in the opium buyers list. Is that within the norm? The list was longer in all my other games.
There are only 4 opium dealers in the entire Caribbean, and 3 of them are Dutch.

@Levis: In my current game a have only 4 persons in the opium buyers list. Is that within the norm? The list was longer in all my other games.
There are only 4 opium dealers in the entire Caribbean, and 3 of them are Dutch.
Code:
NumMembers = 3+rand(3);

So yes thats within the norm

So the new zip makes sure sometimes you might get false info if you don't have the patrol schedule. This is based on your luck skill. Hope this makes it a bit more challenging for now untill I have be able to implement more. But for BETA4 I think this will be it. Only Thing which still Needs to be added is you being brought to the govenor the first time you are caught.

@Levis: I think the line commented out here:
Code:
void RemoveSmugglersFromShore()
{
   ref Smuggler, PChar;
   int RandCounter;
   PChar = GetMainCharacter();
   PChar.quest.Rand_SmugglingRemove.win_condition.l1 = "ExitFromLocation";
   PChar.quest.Rand_SmugglingRemove.win_condition.l1.location = PChar.location;
   PChar.quest.Rand_SmugglingRemove.win_condition = "Rand_SmugglingRemove";
   DeleteAttribute(PChar,"quest.Contraband.Active");
   Pchar.quest.Rand_Smuggling.over = "yes";
//   RemoveGeometryFromLocation(PChar.Quest.SelectedSmugglingLocation, "smg");
   LAi_group_SetRelation(LAI_GROUP_PLAYER, "CoastalGuards", LAI_GROUP_NEITRAL);
   unlockIslandContraband(GetIslandByIndex(sti(Pchar.quest.Contraband.islandindex))); //added by levis
}
Should be moved here:
Code:
    case "Rand_SmugglingRemove":
       StopCoastGuardCheck();
       questbookname = "smuggle&number="+PChar.amount_smuggleruns;
       CloseQuestHeader(questbookname);
       Lai_QuestDelay("Made First Smuggling Report",0.0);
       ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(CharacterFromID("Rand_Smug01"), "None", "", "");
       ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(CharacterFromID("Rand_Smug02"), "None", "", "");
       ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(CharacterFromID("Rand_Smug03"), "None", "", "");
       RemoveGeometryFromLocation(PChar.Quest.SelectedSmugglingLocation, "smg"); // PB: Moved here
       DeleteAttribute(pchar,"quest.smuggling_guild.governor_quest.usedpaper");
     break;
For some reason, on @Hylie Pistof's savegame, the "smg" thing was already gone while the smugglers were still around and I suspect that may have been the reason.

Should any of that other code be moved accordingly as well?

Looks good.
Altough I just spotted this "LAI_GROUP_NEITRAL"
Is that right?

Altough I just spotted this "LAI_GROUP_NEITRAL"
Is that right?
Yes it is. That is one of those crazy code typos from the original game.
They ARE consistent, so they work. Just looks weird. :facepalm

Back