• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Intel fix

antonyzac

Professional questioner
Hi there again!

Finally, I've got a new laptop without the dreaded intel graphics card (yaaaay) and now have NVIDIA 2GB card. I don't want to have to start all my games again with the intel fix, so was wondering if I can replace the file with the fix with the old shader file (if you understand what I'm trying to say?)

What file in the folder has been modded for the intel fix, and what can I replace this file with for the sea to become normal again? :)

Thanks!

P.S. What's the latest news with new updates/builds? :) Anything useable I can download without experiencing huge problems if it's still in beta? :) (You can probably work out I'm not a very computer-savvy person!)

What file in the folder has been modded for the intel fix, and what can I replace this file with for the sea to become normal again? :)
Extract attached to your MODULES folder. Delete these files:
MODULES\Techniques\Weather\RadeonSea.sha
IntelCard.txt

P.S. What's the latest news with new updates/builds? :) Anything useable I can download without experiencing huge problems if it's still in beta? :) (You can probably work out I'm not a very computer-savvy person!)
Currently uploading the first test version of the Build 14 Beta 3 FULL installer.
Should be very easy to install and has a lot of fail-safes included. Your help in testing it would be much appreciated. :doff

Attachments

• sea.zip
    81.5 KB · Views: 127
Thanks! So just extract that sea file from the zip folder, delete the modded version and replace it in that directory?:onya

Let me know when it's done and I'll see what I can do! My laptop arrives in about a week's time so I'll download it then :) Will I just need to install it ontop of the MOD 14, 2.5 build?
Also, will a new game be required? Thanks! :cheers (god I'm loving these emoticons).

Thanks! So just extract that sea file from the zip folder, delete the modded version and replace it in that directory?:onya
Yep.

Let me know when it's done and I'll see what I can do! My laptop arrives in about a week's time so I'll download it then :)
The upload will be finished later today. In a week time, we'll probably even have an update release that fixes some more stuff.

Will I just need to install it ontop of the MOD 14, 2.5 build? Also, will a new game be required?
The installer can be installed on top of the unmodded game. Tried to make the process as simple and secure as possible.
New game is required.

I know I sound incompetent and I ask loads of questions...BUT, by
can be installed on top of the unmodded game

do you mean the completely original version of the game (i.e. not the new horizons version)? If so...HOW?! :shrug

Unmodded = stock = original = vanilla = whatever you want to call it.
How? You install the original game and then the modpack, of course. :shrug

OH sorry. I understand now :) I didn't mean how to install it on the original game, I meant how can it work as the "new horizons" version but then realised it's not a light version!

And "vanilla"...I like the sound of that!

Damn something bad's happened! I extracted the sea zip you gave me into modules and then modules again, and deleted the RadeonSea.sha and now I'm getting an

"runtime error, abnormal program termination" error. Eurgh have I done it wrong? D:

Nope. I had 14 2.5 version installed, didn't install any beta. I'm not sure if I can still use that now I've mucked things up! I've already replaced the sea.dll file. I'm such a dimwit. What do I do?! :(

Last edited:
Recommend to install the Beta 3 test version as per that thread on top. Since it is a full installer, it should clear things up.
DO install the Intel Fix along with it. If you want to get rid of it later, use the un-installer.

:bounceOk will do :) Thanks!
I'll let you know if I have any problems (which is likely because it's...well...me.)

See, already having trouble!

Where can I download the beta? I've looked on the moddb page and have had no luck finding the download link. :shrug

Downloading them now :) Let's see how it goes.

OK ANOTHER PROBLEM. I've tried playing the original PotC game (without the intel fix), and STILL when I get to Isla Muelle and try to go from port to sea, I get an engine crash error. I've added engine.exe to the NVidia control panel but I don't know if that's done anything, because it seems I'm still using intel (both video cards are on my laptop). SO ANNOYING. Do I need to add other programs to the nvidia program list or do something else? I don't know!

I hope somebody else can help you with that one; I have zero experience with Intel cards. :facepalm

OK thanks :D I posted a new thread just to make sure people see it. I'll try to install the beta now; hopefully with no problems!

I answered in the other thread. But you need to change power settings in your control panel to force the Nvidia card to run at all times.

Back