• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Intel Graphics Fix

That's a bit weird, but you can try sailing from island to island with DirectSail and bypass the worldmap altogether.
Does that work more smoothly?

haha no idea how to do that, i can onlu direct sail to close locations (beachs shores, caves, forts, etc), but the game usually crashes when "world map" is involved, traveling direct island to island I can do it, or dont know how--- its very annoying the crashing

Using DirectSail is easy: Just point your ship in the direction of your destination and keep going. Use time compression as needed.

My pc laptop has an intel hd 3d but also nvidia gt 630 which i suppose links from the intel hd or it uses the intel as primary for lower stuff. Hope the errors are not due to this as my specs are quite high and its a gaming laptop with 8gb ram and a fast processor. Advise??

I am replacing the fix version on the ModDB with a proper installer that also includes an uninstaller.
This version is also compatible with all earlier versions AND Build 14, but of course only Build 14 will have the enhanced sea colours by Armada in use.
Should be showing up on the ModDB soon.

Last edited:
Cheers. It took a bit of doing, but it is now finally submitted PROPERLY to the ModDB.
Had some issues moving it from Downloads to Addons where the ENB fix is too. :facepalm

Hi im new to the forums (but not to PotC) and finally found the game again (last copy got broke) and installed the game like normal, started a new game and instantly crashed, im using a on-board intel chipset, so i downloaded http://www.moddb.com/downloads/intel-graphics-fix and this got my game running, but as soon as i start a new game and start off in the cabin, i can spin around while waiting for the bloke to come in and speak to my character but once they appear and the text appears i cant do anything else, no button does a thing and even hitting ESC does nothing, i have to Ctrl+Alt+Delete and do a force stop just to exit the game.

Any ideas? Im running XP Pro as well

You DO get into the dialog, right? Default controls are W and S for Up/Down and Space to continue.

Yep get everything like normal but nothing happened, even using default keys to select what to say (Space Bar) didnt work but i solved that issue now, i done a re-install to a different folder (my other hdd in my pc) and that's solved it but the game still crashes alot when i go from world map to sailing mode for entering the port so i think its got to be my Intel chip set not being good enough. I even changed the settings to 800x600 16bit and low graphics and un-ticked the Safe Mode but still the game crashes alot.

Indeed we're very happy with that fix by @amplificar!
The graphics may not be 100%, but performance-wise it is SO much better than the old SwiftShader work-around. :woot

Greetings folks,

First of all, thanks for this amazing mod! I am greatly enjoying it. To business: I accidentally installed the intel graphics fix, could anyone tell me how to turn it off again? I don't have any intel graphics and would like to enjoy a better looking sea. Thanks!

Back