• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Intro

GallowsPole

Landlubber
Saw a posting on gamedev.net and contacted Thagarr. I have experience in UDK, I've messed with kismet and matinee. I've also done a few cutscenes. I'd also like to help in the game design if that's possible

Ahoy GallowsPole, welcome aboard mate!

As Hylie suggests, have a look around and get familiar with the forums and our project development roles. Once we have a better idea where you fit, we can get you assigned to the proper team. I have some time off work next week and hopefully that will allow me to get caught up on a few things, namely helping to flesh out the design document.

By game design, do you mean game mechanics, the game world, or both? Ideally, we would like to have everyone work on something that they both want to work on, and feel comfortable working on. That may not always be possible, but it is what we are aiming for.

Thanks for warm greetings, I've done some terrain in UDK. If that's what you are using i would be glad to help. I could do both but I kind of want more of an emphasis on the game world

Terrain it is! :onya

Woohoo! And programmers fall from the sky!

Welcome aboard man. Take a look at the brainstorming forum to get an idea for where we're at. We're on the cusp right now of pie-in-the-sky wishing and the start of some serious development work. Your timing is impeccable.

I and the other coordinators are working on fleshing out some basic organization in order to harness all this fantastic talent and get us all pushing in the right direction. Might be an idea to send a ping to Hammie as he seems to be filling the role of lead developer at the moment. Might be able to give you an idea where to start learning the codebase.

Welcome to the team GP! Glad to have you aboard.

Back