• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Bug Is Age of Pirates 2 compatible with Windows 7?

GqM

Powder Monkey
Whenever I speed up the game(I use the + & -) the game crashes or Windows will say" engine. has stopped working." Can anyone tell me what on earth is happening?

AOP2 works just fine with Win7 and Win8.1. I have no problem with it crashing. Err, what version are you using? Stock vanilla, GOF2?

Hi guys,
I glad to join the group! I'm also facing the such 'engine ini' crash problem during ship battle interface! Other interfaces are fine! I'm using WIN7 too
Could any folks help to solve the problem? many thanks!

It is probably a hardware problem. How new is your computer? Can you provide some specifications? Maybe you do not have enough ram to run everything.

Dear Sir Hylie,

Thank you very much for your reply!
My running system is :-
Core : Intel Core I5 - 650 3.2ghz
Ram : 4 GB
Display : Geforce GT730 (2 GB internal ram)
System : Windows 7 Professional (SP1)

Thanks!

That looks like a laptop. You have 4 gb total ram. Does the video have its own ram or does it use system ram? If it uses shared ram, then you are probably running out of ram. But it says internal ram. What does that mean?

Also, some laptop users have found that it is using the intel graphics instead of the Geforce and that causes crashes. What are your power settings?

Hi Hylie,

May be my english is not good! Frankly I don't play game on laptop. I said 2gb internal ram means video card with 2gb ram onboard. 4gb extra ram on system
Anyway, I already find out the solution is I re-stall the stock game, and patch it with GOF2.0 - 1.3, problem seems fixed. Would like to share to everybody here.

Thank you Hylie

More information is needed. What version of AOP2 are you playing? What are you doing when it crashes? What kind of hardware are you using?

More information is needed. What version of AOP2 are you playing? What are you doing when it crashes? What kind of hardware are you using?
I am using Ver 1.3 AoP2 COAS
I sped up the game(using the + and -) and then it crashed.

That is GOF2 patch 1.3? That is a very stable version of COAS. It must be either a bad install or a hardware failure.

That's sounds strange, i have played AOP:CaOS through all Microsoft Windows versions and actually, i'm playing AOP:CaOS GOF 2.2 on Microsoft Windows 7 64 bits and the game works fine !
And either the stock vanilla games works fine at the only condition that you upgrade TAGES™ protection drivers. If you do not, you will experienced a bunch of crash and even the game will not start. :)

Back