• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Jamaicaship1 camera

Verifying that the list in ships_init.c is in the index order would be time consuming.
I'm pretty sure that the command to cycle through ships via the console takes the ships in order of index numbers, doesn't it?
By some 'coincidence', they happen to appear in the same order that they are listed in ships_init.c. At least, I think they do. :cheeky

Ships_init.c ALWAYS is in the same order as the index numbers, because that's where they come from. ;)

Just out of curiosity, do these s/n numbers have any effect? They are not index numbers.

//-------------------------------------------------------------------------
// Caravel1 (Changed to Caravela Latina / FastCaravel by SWS, for reasons of historical accuracy)
// <SWS - Willemstad Builders' Trials Winter 09 S/N 003> (WBT1 L mod 2)

Ships_init.c ALWAYS is in the same order as the index numbers, because that's where they come from. ;)
Exactly, so it seems that's the only place where the ships are listed in that order, even if they aren't numbered... which was the original inquiry, no?

Just out of curiosity, do these s/n numbers have any effect? They are not index numbers.

// Caravel1 (Changed to Caravela Latina / FastCaravel by SWS, for reasons of historical accuracy)
// <SWS - Willemstad Builders' Trials Winter 09 S/N 003> (WBT1 L mod 2)
Well they certainly don't do anything, being commented out, but I'm not 100% sure how to interpret all those numbers. :?

Well, I added index numbers to the ship titles. Now I can find specific ships faster.

BTW, I found something not right about US_Steamfrigate2, index215. Mefixum. Could you make sure it is ok?

When the new ship pack is added this all goes out the window, and if any ships get dropped....

BTW, I found something not right about US_Steamfrigate2, index215. Mefixum. Could you make sure it is ok?
I had a quick look... but I'm just too tired to notice the difference. :facepalm It's been a long week. What did you change?
And yes, I see the flaw you have with the numbers, when new ships are added/subtracted in random places. Annoying, that.

OK. Here are the two versions yours, and what I changed.

refShip.stack2Z = 2.5; // Length

//SWS Prop Wash
refShip.prop1X = 6; // Width
refShip.prop1Y = 0; // Height
refShip.prop1Z = -1.5; // Length

refShip.prop2X = -6; // Width
refShip.prop2Y = 0; // Height
refShip.prop2Z = -1.5; // Length
// PB: Steam Ships <--

// STEAM EXPERIMENT 1 "USS HUDSON" [ FICTIONAL SHIP ] (UNIQUE VERSION)
// WBT S/N 217X TEMPLATE 5
makeref(refShip,ShipsTypes[n]);
n++;

refShip.Name = "US_SteamFrigate";
refShip.SName = "FrigateSteam";
refShip.all = "Frigate1";
refShip.Nation = AMERICA;
refShip.id = "US_SteamFrigate2";
refShip.Walk = "Constitution";

refShip.Class = 5;
refShip.Cannon = CANNON_TYPE_LONG_LBS24;
refShip.MaxCaliber = 24;
refShip.Weight = Tonnes2CWT(3000);
refShip.Capacity = 1750;
refShip.CannonsQuantity = 44;
// NK cannon qtys 05-04-18 -->
refShip.Cannons.Borts.cannonf.qty = 0;
refShip.Cannons.Borts.cannonb.qty = 2;
// NK <--
refShip.MaxCrew = 440
refShip.MinCrew = 88;

//SWS Prop Wash
refShip.prop1X = 6; // Width
refShip.prop1Y = 0; // Height
refShip.prop1Z = -1.5; // Length

refShip.prop2X = -6; // Width
refShip.prop2Y = 0; // Height
refShip.prop2Z = -1.5; // Length
// PB: Steam Ships <--

// STEAM EXPERIMENT 2 "USS HUDSON" [ FICTIONAL SHIP ] (UNIQUE VERSION)
// WBT S/N 217X TEMPLATE 5 index 215
makeref(refShip,ShipsTypes[n]);
n++;

refShip.Name = "US_SteamFrigate";
refShip.SName = "FrigateSteam";
//refShip.All = "Frigate1";
refShip.Nation = AMERICA;
refShip.id = "US_SteamFrigate2";
refShip.Walk = "Constitution";

refShip.Class = 5;
refShip.Cannon = CANNON_TYPE_LONG_LBS24;
refShip.MaxCaliber = 24;
refShip.Weight = Tonnes2CWT(3000);
refShip.Capacity = 1750;
refShip.CannonsQuantity = 44;
// NK cannon qtys 05-04-18 -->
refShip.Cannons.Borts.cannonf.qty = 0;
refShip.Cannons.Borts.cannonb.qty = 2;
// NK <--
refShip.MaxCrew = 440
refShip.MinCrew = 88;

Personally I only ever refer to ships by their ID; what do you need their index for anyway? :?

Wanting a ship's index number comes from having to go through all of the ships one at a time in order to find the one I want. It would be faster to find the number and then put it into console.c. Now that I have written them all down it is not necessary to have them anywhere else.

I always use a line like this to give me the ship with a certain ID:
Code:
GiveShip2Character(pchar,"NL_Amsterdam","Amsterdam",-1,HOLLAND,true,true);

Pieter: It seems your method is the only one that works. Inputting the desired index number has no effect. No matter what number I use I get Hannah1, index 237. If I use your method I get my desired ship. :shrug

Back on topic, the Spanish heavy war galleon has a marginal view on my 16:9 screen. This is the Spanish reward ship and I really like it as both a fighting ship and a cargo ship. :onya But it also has no crew. This is a scratch built ship, so is it possible to find the camera with this one? I don't even know where to look. :modding

Tonight I was experimenting with TOOL, looking into the flagpole problem. The Spanish BattleGalleon is my test mule.

Anyway, using the edit scene function I managed to remove the flagpole which made the camera way lower. So that gave me the bright idea to make one main GM without that part, another with only that part, and attach them with a locator. Well it worked! Sorta........... It gives the BEEP BEEP and the bow wave is way off. Also its size is waaay smaller than it use to be. About 3,600kb smaller. So that means that the GM gets corrupted when TOOL saves it.

The light frigates had this problem also when Armada first started working on them. So, if this is the way to fix the flagpoles, what is the next step?

The next step is a re-export through Maya, I'm afraid. I'm beginning to think it's the materials used which dictate how a model behaves in TOOL. :facepalm
For example, every ship Pgargon has made has worked perfectly in TOOL, as far as I can remember, and they all use the same 'Blinn' material.
I use the same one for my export work, and the results are exactly the same. That's what needs doing to this ship.

I'm now trying to fix the flagpole on Jamaicaship1. I can save that GM ok. The problem I have is that after making 2 GMs their size does not add up to the size of the original. Not even close. Is this normal?

No. When loading that ship in the game, I'd expect the game to now beep.

That's another one for the re-export list.
At this rate I'll be doing the same thing for every single ship in the game. It's ridiculous. :facepalm
I'm gonna need to write up a tutorial on the basics of exporting through Maya sometime. Hopefully that will encourage a few more people to help out.

I don't think I was being clear in my last post. :shrug

I can save the stock GM fine, but when I make one without the flagpole part and another one with just the flagpole part they add up to be waay smaller than the original one. Does something need to be done similar to the two-in-one spanker thingy?

No, I got your point, and I meant what I said. Some ships don't like being messed with using 'Edit Scene', especially having parts taken away.
That can corrupt the file and make it uneditable afterwards. Have you tried it in-game to test for the 'beep' yet?
Like I've said before, I think it's down to the materials, so that's why a re-export using 'Blinn' in Maya will fix the problem.

No I didn't put in game. My experience with the Spanish Heavy War Galleon showed that it won't work as it would beep.

Back