• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

JRH quest

Yes, the only problem I see is that when turned into questitems they can't be given bonus for leadership etc etc.
But if you can fix that ok! :onya
They were of course not meant to show up in other storylines.

I think I managed to get your all your items to show up from your own initQuestItems.c file. See here:
http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/build-14-beta-3-progress.20686/page-9#post-455434

Also, it seems my prior SL_Utils.c file-checking stuff wasn't working right, so I spent most of the day waging war on that too.
This file contains the latest version which I sincerely hope will be the ruddy bloody last time I ever have to *** around with that code! :boom:

Ok, it looks good. I really appreciate your work with cleaning up all things I have spread around.
I'll test when I have.........:wp .........(merged).
Is the code 'prepared' so I can in the same way move items for my new storyline too?
I have already added a lot of things.

I have to check in which itemsDescribe the texts must be for these tranferred items.

Another thing: Do you think I can in my StartStoryline change the autoloot to what it was earlier?

Still planning to do a major upload soon with preparations for the Goldbug.

A disadvantage of moving these items is if I want to use any of them (or anyone else does) in another quest
the file has to be doubled. And maybe also the itemsdescribe file.
Double files are not so good when adding even more in the future...:confused:

Is the code 'prepared' so I can in the same way move items for my new storyline too?
I have already added a lot of things.
Well, it turned out to be REALLY easy. I just took the code out of initItems.c and put it into your quest file instead.
That seems to work fine. No additional code required.

Another thing: Do you think I can in my StartStoryline change the autoloot to what it was earlier?
We can put a Storyline Var in place for that, I suppose to make SURE it is off for you.

A disadvantage of moving these items is if I want to use any of them (or anyone else does) in another quest
the file has to be doubled. And maybe also the itemsdescribe file.
Double files are not so good when adding even more in the future...:confused:
I'm not a fan of doubling up stuff either. But for now that's the best I think we can do.
Various items for other quests are doubled up in their respective files too. Especially for the newly added sidequests. :facepalm

That seems to work fine. No additional code required.
I have tested a part of WoodesRogers and what I could see everything is there, all kind
of "questitems". No problems with itemsdescribe either. :cheers

I'm not a fan of doubling up stuff either. But for now that's the best I think we can do.
Let me ask you: Which of my items showed up in other storylines? Only the "initItems type" like the notebook?
If so maybe some of the other stuff could be moved back?? :shrug
The buildingitemsJRH for ex is a resource I have used in the new storyline.

We can put a Storyline Var in place for that, I suppose to make SURE it is off for you.
Yes please. :yes

Notebook and Red_Uniform are the ones I've heard about. Haven't seen any myself.
Feel free to make whatever changes you think appropriate and I'll install things again as you set them up. :doff

BTW: Did you notice what I did with your potion type items and their battle interface pictures?
I needed more space for the Leeches, so I moved things around quite a bit. Checked your items though and they appear to work fine.
In fact, I'm not sure if they used to show their pictures in the Enter Menu before, but they do now.

Yes, I saw the pictures of the potion items. :onya I think they showed in Enter menu earlier.

What if: a neutral itemfile with all this stuff. Only those storylines with another Storyline Var
read from it? Ordinary questitems still were they should be. Possible? o_O

Ok, that's easiest. I'll do that. I start with only the 'Notebook category'. If more items cause troble I fix that later. :)

Cheers. :doff

I don't think Building Items would show up randomly anyway. Though you could put an if around there too just for the sake of performance on other storylines.
Probably wouldn't make that much difference though.

Ok.

After that I'll play through the complete WoodersRogers because I see now and then some
of those stringlogs about some questline not ... etc etc
The things you fixed with earlier.

Then I'll upload.

I see now and then some
of those stringlogs about some questline not ... etc etc
The things you fixed with earlier.
Is that with my LATEST fix file from here? http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/build-14-beta-3-progress.20686/page-9#post-455434
Indeed after my initial fix, I saw PLENTY of those error log messages, so I went back to the drawing board and fixed it again. Properly this time, I really do hope.

I haven't seen any of those on-screen log messages in your storyline any-more since I made that version.
Of course I only played the very, very early beginning. But with the previous version, the screen was just cluttering itself right in the opening cabin. :facepalm

Cheers. I really do hope it'll work this time around. WITHOUT on-screen log messages, please! :whipa

Back