• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

JRH quest

Strange with the soldier portrait. o_O
Extract to PROGRAM\Storyline\GoldBug\Characters\init . That gives the soldier by the gate his portrait. You should be able to adapt those code changes to the other soldiers too.

Attachments

• TempQuest.zip
    5.4 KB · Views: 85
You're welcome. For the AI types, you can use:
LAi_SetPatrolType(ch);
and
LAi_SetGuardianType(ch);

Don't use either of those two for non-soldier characters. If you have to, use CivilianGuardianType and CivilianPatrolType instead.

Now HERE's a really strange set of compile.log entries:
Code:
ItemLogic: Loaded model ammo\\OtherItemsJRH\palka03_B
ItemLogic: Loaded model ammo\\BuildingItemsJRH\ladder_very_big
From Captain Tiems here: http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/ctd-after-cbp-begining-scene.20829/#post-455910

Looks like the game is trying to randomly generate some of you BuildingSet stuff. Unless I'm very much mistaken, even in Build 14 Beta 2.5 that shouldn't be possible. :shock

In my latest iniItems.c those items are not called if not WoodesRogers, Bartolomeu or Goldbug storylines.
But that would be even after wip11.

I'm just wondering... if you ARE in one of those storylines, can they still try to show up randomly?

I'm just wondering... if you ARE in one of those storylines, can they still try to show up randomly?
No idea - I don't know in what kind of situation they appeared.

Anyway Pieter I have now tested wip11 with the extra files you sent me.

1) The SL_utils thing seems to work fine now! Fixed missed namechange of functions in Goldbug\SL_utils.c. :onya
2) The american soldiers: I have icons for all now. I have reset initModels.c to if (bUSAexists ) etc. :onya
3) The new locations look good with your COL files. Thanks again for your work with them. All 93!
:doff :pirateraft

Attachments

• for PB.7z
    48.2 KB · Views: 64
Pieter, I have uploaded "JRH bugfixes1 after wip12" on the ftp.
A small pack of clean-up fixes for WoodesRogers.
(The only file I had to merge was LAi_events.)

Cool, thanks! Will install it soon. :doff

BTW: I'm working now on the WIP 13 code, which has a completely different system for the flags.
For now, I tried to set things up properly for your storyline, but could you please check as well? See here:
http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/advanced-interface-and-flags-code-and-much-more.20575/
Make sure to use that on a COPY of your normal game installation; it isn't quite ready for proper playing yet.

Ok I'll test that. :onya
In the next release maybe you could namechange the StartStoryline
for the GoldBug again so the storyline not so easyly shows up. It's so very unfinished...
:type1

Right now, everything is unfinished in the WIP files. But I can do that, yes. Didn't do it this time for simplicity's sake.
I just know I'm going to forget to do it some time anyway. Just like sometimes I forget to disable the cheatmode again in the files I upload. :facepalm

Pieter I have tested wip13 + Fix and I can't get the flag hoisting on the wood tower to work.
No flag at all shows up.
This is how I remember it: the location "wr_cave_shore" is set to "pirate nation" already in StartStoryline.
Hoisting means only a change of locator file to one with flag locators.
I have tried "SetTown2Nation("Grand Turk", PIRATE);"

The easiest way to test maybe is: Use jumpstart 17: Blue Cavern Revenge and exit to cave shore.
The Rackham pirate flag should be hoisted on the wood tower. :pflag

Nice touch with the personal flag of Pyle! :onya

But how do I know which flag is which number?
The swedish personal nr 31 has texture nr 34? o_O

Pieter I have tested wip13 + Fix and I can't get the flag hoisting on the wood tower to work.
No flag at all shows up.
This is how I remember it: the location "wr_cave_shore" is set to "pirate nation" already in StartStoryline.
Hoisting means only a change of locator file to one with flag locators.
I have tried "SetTown2Nation("Grand Turk", PIRATE);"
Is that not the scene with a LOT of pirate ships there? Did you already adjust the code for the other pirates? I didn't know which flags you wanted for them.

Nice touch with the personal flag of Pyle! :onya
I thought you might find that appropriate. :rofl
Also, for William Legrand, there IS the "Don't tread on me" US flag. Not sure if you'd want to use that one instead?

But how do I know which flag is which number?
The swedish personal nr 31 has texture nr 34? o_O
Pretty much trial and error. I'm sure there IS a system, but every time I try to count it through, I end up doing it wrong somehow.
I know the first flag is #0 and the Amsterdam flag is #9, which still makes sense to me.
But by the same logic, the Jack Aubrey flag should be #25, but it is #28 somehow. o_O

Just tested and I get all sorts of flag errors:
Code:
RUNTIME ERROR - file: battle_interface\flags.c; line: 338
Using reference variable without initializing
RUNTIME ERROR - file: battle_interface\flags.c; line: 339
RUNTIME ERROR - file: sea_ai\AIGroup.c; line: 222
RUNTIME ERROR - file: battle_interface\flags.c; line: 338
RUNTIME ERROR - file: battle_interface\flags.c; line: 339
The same happens right at the beginning of the Jack Sparrow storyline. I still need to figure that one out.
For now, I wouldn't worry about it just yet. We'll get to it. :yes

Edit: Further testing reveals that the same problem applies to Pirate_KK's own files, so it is not a merging error.
I suspect it is because the Fort Commander didn't get his flags set yet or something.

Did you already adjust the code for the other pirates? I didn't know which flags you wanted for them.
No I havn't touched them. In fact it doesn't really matter as long as they are different pirate flags.
The one on top of the tower should be the one with skull and sabres.
(As Rackham was Vane's quartermaster)
For now, I wouldn't worry about it just yet. We'll get to it. :yes
Ok.

I'm sure there IS a system,...
Yes. :dance
The number of the texture files have nothing to do with it.
If you open the personal flag interface it's just to count with start 0 in the upper left corner line after line.
Amsterdam = 9, Sweden = 31.
Same for the pirate flag interface.

No I havn't touched them. In fact it doesn't really matter as long as they are different pirate flags.
The one on top of the tower should be the one with skull and sabres.
(As Rackham was Vane's quartermaster)
The real Rackham one, eh? I'll see what I can do. :yes

Well, I figured out why we were getting error messages on those flags. Unfortunately the problem apparently runs deeper than that.
Now I get NO error message, but STILL no flag. Will continue trying tomorrow. o_O

Back