• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

JRH quest

Just so you know, I managed to get *a* flag to appear there, even if it isn't a pirate one. At least I know where the faulty code is.
Now it's just a matter of rewriting it so that it DOES work.

Edit: I do believe I've got it. The game is trying to use index 0, which causes trouble.
Must be something wrong with the formula being used. If I add 1, then it works.
Need to make sure that won't have any other unintended side-effects though. :wp

(BTW: UGH! Why is this all so DIFFICULT????)

I do believe I've got it.
Sounds good. Sorry but I can be of no help here.

Anyway I have uploaded "JRH bugfixes1 after wip13" on the ftp.
Some flag changes + bugs.

Did you know you've got a Portuguese, Dutch and Spanish flagged ship in that scene of yours?
I'm also trying to figure out why THAT happens; those characters ARE initialized as PIRATES.
Worse still, the problem is ALSO in WIP 12, so it is apparently not something recent.

Ah, THAT's why. They're being SET to that in the "Teach head_dialog.c":
Code:
                Characters[GetCharacterIndex("pir_cap4")].nation = PORTUGAL;
                Characters[GetCharacterIndex("pir_cap6")].nation = HOLLAND;
                Characters[GetCharacterIndex("pir_cap14")].nation = SPAIN;
                Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Coastbrother4")].nation = PORTUGAL;
                Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Coastbrother6")].nation = HOLLAND;
                Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Coastbrother14")].nation = SPAIN;
Oh well, at least the code is doing what it is asked to do then. o_O

Good Lord, this code is INSANE. Gives consistent error messages in places where it makes NO sense at all.
Now it's claiming an error due to a flag index of 21 on a size:3 array. Where does that even come from?
Especially since right above it, I check what the flag index number is and it is only ever 0!!!

Yes the 3 nations is something left over from an even more complex code for the shore.
I only kept the "spanish" case.
As long as they really show pirate flags it's maybe best NOT to change here.
I'm afraid it can mean nothing works.

There's some severe problems with the "pirate flag on shore" code in the first place. Not specifically related to your storyline, I think.
I KNOW I managed to make A pirate flag show up at some point. But now I can't even seem to manage THAT anymore.
SO weird. o_O

The flag on the tower shouldn't be so different from a flag from a fort or town?
Do they work?:confused:

Regular ones do, but PIRATE ones have exactly the same problem as the tower.
So I came up with a simple temporary solution and that is to use the regular fort flag file for pirates as well and use Jack Rackham's flag as default pirate flag.
Now it works. It doesn't allow you to put ANOTHER flag on the shore, but at least it does something.

It's very good enough for me Pieter. :doff
If nothing helps I can of course give up the Rackham flag and use the regular one.
:pflag

See how this one works for you on flags: http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/advanced-interface-and-flags-code-and-much-more.20575/

Note that the flag code for characters is different: it requires two values, one for the number of the flag (as per WIP 12 and before) and one for the number of the flag texture being used.
You can use only 0, 1 and 2 which correspond to pirflg1.tga, pirflg2.tga and pirflg3.tga .
I tried to use the appropriate flag for Blackbeard.

You're welcome. It had to be done anyway. Just annoying that it had to be so incredibly difficult.
But as I said, it was a global problem anyway.

About wip14 + small fix:

The Rackham flag is on top of the wood tower.:onya
All pirate ships seems so have pirate flags. Thanks for that job. :doff

What looks very strange is something with the camera. I have put in a lot of work to
make pchar look in the right direction during dialogs. Now pchar first turns, then the view.
Is there a chance to skip this? Try the start cabin of WoodesRogers... :(

I only found 1 miss: A guy called Prosper (WoodesRogers) shall have pirateflag 4 & texture 2.
Can you change that, it's not much to upload for?
Also maybe next time if you would namechange StartStoryline (Goldbug).

What looks very strange is something with the camera. I have put in a lot of work to
make pchar look in the right direction during dialogs. Now pchar first turns, then the view.
Is there a chance to skip this? Try the start cabin of WoodesRogers... :(
Pirate_KK rewrote the code for the dialog camera and I left it switched on for testing purposes.
Despite his efforts, the camera STILL occasionally ends up IN the scenery, so we're going to have to disable it again altogether.

Also maybe next time if you would namechange StartStoryline (Goldbug).
I will if I can remember to do it. Right now, it is all just being a bit much. :modding

Hmm, bad for the mod but necessary.
Shame indeed; it looks so nice most of the time.

BTW: It IS possible to set the dialog camera as you wish in certain quest cases.
For example, in the Jack Sparrow storyline I have the camera deliberately look to the left to show the HMS Interceptor at her berth.

It's not that important, take it easy.:)
Bigger problem is also that if I do rename the file, people who had the older releases will still see it because the old file would also still be there.
I reckon people understand that the WIP files are not completed though. And the final Beta 3 will definitely have it disabled, unless you finish your story first. :cheeky

It IS possible to set the dialog camera as you wish in certain quest cases.
I guess not, too many situations. If you don't mean the complete quest.

The problem occurs not only when I have modded the direction for pchar in a dialog.
For ex in the last scene Car K:s drawing room, you get almost seasick of the turning here and there. o_O
Sometimes it also misses the person you're talking too.
It's hard for me to see when this is looking better than the old case.
Yes, you're right. Never mind the StartStoryline thing.:onya

Back