• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

JRH quest

Wow, your going to be busy for the next couple of years then now that you are nearly finished your storyline :shock

I look forward to playing it :onya

I'm working on this final fight, the idea is to use 20 characters on each side. Now that wasn't possible (31 in total was).
I have tried to raise every MAX value I could find. :modding
I have earlier raised max characters (or what it is called) with sucess when guys refused to show up, but no luck this time.
Don't think it's the GROUP size either: deleteing some guys from one side allows me to add more on the other side.
So my guess is that there is some MAX characters in a location!? :shrug

Anyone who can give me a hint to enable say 40 characters in a fight scene? :ixi

There IS a max number of characters in a location. Short Jack Gold also tried to increase the number of characters for his Hornblower land battles, but found that you can't increase the number infinitely without weird stuff happening. You should ask him for more information; he's the one person who would know. :yes

Also note that BuildingSet buildings count to the maximum number of characters,
so having lots of characters AND lots of such buildings REALLY doesn't work.

Two years ago I wrote:
The quest is over when the guy with the bad swedish accent arrives.

I finally reached that moment when ...........................................................
.................................................................................my hard disc broke down. :764:

I have backups but it will take some days to get going again. :nk

Maybe this quest could be both a separete storyline AND a sidequest.

AGH! Thank goodness you've got a backup of most your work though. :modding

Sidequest AND storyline is quite possible.
The Bartolomeu storyline contains parts of the Bartolomeu sidequests and the Hitman sidequest was incorporated into the Assassin storyline as well.

I wanted to show some more screenshots so first I deleted old pictures to give space.
After that i succeeded in adding 4 pictures but no more, I pushed cancel and the result now is my remaining space is not enough (and the pictures disappeared somewhere). Is it me, my computer or the forum? What to do? Another identy perhaps.........

Why don't you post the pictures on the FTP and then link to them through http://www.pyratesahoy.com/potc ?

That looks really, really cool! Promises to be a very special and involving quest, by the looks of it. :onya

I'm leaving home this evening so:

A Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year to all! :xmas

The quest is finished - I'm just fixing things.... :nk :sail

I need help with a little but annoying code detail:

When trying to check if a box is empty I use:

if(locations[FindLocation(Pchar.location)].box5.items.blade4 == 0)
works fine but gives an error: missed attribute blade4 :|

So then I tried to add some "attribute-talk" like:

if( CheckAttribute(locations[FindLocation(Pchar.location)].box5,"Items.blade4")
&& locations[FindLocation(Pchar.location)].box5.Items.blade4 == 0 )
that stopped the errormessage but also the FUNCTION! :eek:

If I knew how, I would rather check if that box is completeley empty... :huh

Try:
Code:
ref lcn = &Locations[FindLocation(pchar.location)];
if( CheckAttribute(lcn,"box5.Items.blade4") && lcn.box5.Items.blade4 == 0 )

Thanks for your answer Pieter. But I'm sorry to say it's like my second case:
Neither errormessage nor function. I 'll continue anyway... :wp

Sorry; that's because of me being stupid. Try this instead:
Code:
ref lcn = &Locations[FindLocation(pchar.location)]; 
if( !CheckAttribute(lcn,"box5.Items.blade4") || lcn.box5.Items.blade4 == 0 )

It checks if the attribute is not there (which is the case if the item was never in there)
or if the attribute is 0 (which is the case when it was but was removed). I think.
In any case, the "!" means "not" and "||" means "or".

Back