• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

JRH quest

Here's another (smaller) problem:

I have added some new officers (new models and hired only via the quest).
They show up allright but their faces (size 128) are NOT visible in the passengers interface.

I have added new face nr:s to initmodel etc.
Faces ARE visíble in the items exchange interface (that would be the same picture...) The large (size 256) portraits are also visible. ('Normal' officers are ok).

Wonder what's missing? :|

Does the size 64 face show up ok. :?

Are the file names the same for all 3 files ( 64,128, 256 )

Can't think of anything else that would make just one of the files not work :shrug

Yes the 64 size are ok, same name on all three.

this is how I make them officers - ok?

AddPassenger(Pchar, characterFromID("Wench3"), 0);
SetOfficersIndex(Pchar, 1, getCharacterIndex("Wench3"));
LAi_SetOfficerType(characterFromID("Wench3"));

Are the face numbers you're using defined in RESOURCE\INI\INTERFACES\pictures.ini?

Allright allright allright I'll keep calm and count to 2000 my computer stopped, now it will take some time to get going again...

I have fixed bugs, made some improvements, added "talking heads" to a lot of characters, all loading screens are ready.
I was busy adding music so it's not much left. (Only the big merge to a modern game)

Not for the moment thanks, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to need some help after merging to adjust this thing to Build 14. :onya

Being without computer for a while I'll write on the walkthrough instead. :hmm

I have a bad problem: When entering a location (at night) suddenly there are some (randomly created, I guess) enemies who attack me. :ixi
Is this a part of a mod? And how can I avoid this to happen when NOT wanted?

Right now it spoils the final battle completely... :ng

There's a good workaround too: Just add a .vcskip attribute to the location before your final battle and then remove it again afterwards.
That's done at various points in other quests too. :yes

1) .vcskip attribute on/off: I tried that without effect.
I traced the unwanted ambush to have something to to with killing a Merchant. (in LAi_events)
2) None of my enemies are merchants but I deleted the attribute "itemtrade" from them just to be sure.
3) Also made them Guardiantypes just in case.

the work around in Lai_events:

if(LAi_IsDead(enemy) && CheckAttribute(enemy,"itemtrade"))
//if you killed a merchant
{
if(attack.location == "wr_ships")
{
//Log_SetStringToLog("LAi_events ambush avoided");
return; //JRH
}

Logit(LanguageConvertString(tmpLangFileID,"The Merchantguild's watchmen are very vigilant..."));
// TIH --> bug fix... this now works right Jul23'06
int numGuards = 30 - LAi_numloginedcharacters;
etc etc

Maybe not so beautiful... :wp

I'm busy preparing for merge to Build 14 and I wonder about retexturing of locations.

There are two ways: Make a complete new folder (like residence6 in Build14)
or something like Locations[n].filespath.textures = "locations\inside\Shipyard3\sacristy";

Build 14 uses only the first way, I have used both. Is this a problem?

Making a new texture folder requires quite some doubling up of textures, so I wouldn't recommend that.
Unless you make a batch file to copy the same texture files, which we've done with the nation-dependent town textures.

The other method requires a lot of doubling too. Both textures and all in the .gm folders.

Hmm, that would cause me another week ot two... I'll think it over. :|

Back