• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

JRH quest

The upload stopped after 2 hours: only half was of it was finished. I compressed it to 732 MB rar. Is that too large?
Can I put rar in rar? Or should I divide the pack into smaller parts? :| :| :|

Shouldn't be too large, but I'm not sure. You get the best compression with the free, small 7-Zip program; you can try that.
Alternatively, you could just try to resume the upload.

Today I looked for what has been changed between my quest in Build 13 and the same merged over to Build 14:
I found 7 characters that were initiated on 2 places (with some different data), 4 * 2 dialog files (also different content).
Hope this is IT! :|

The problem to know if it's ok is that you can start a new game ok 10 times and then it crashes the 11:th. :modding

A version that Do crash (for me) is on the ftp. After the bugfixes mentioned above I have started the game 23 times and loaded 3 times. No crash so far so maybe you don't have to dig too deep.

I have today finally got the musket to appear on the back of a character when not used but also show up nornal in his hand when firing (and back on the back again).
Is this already invented? If not I'll go on with the musketoon. The blunderbass could be discussed.

We never did get that to work for muskets; that sounds great!

I noticed you had uploaded your work only today, but I'll install it and have a play through and see what happens.
Not sure when I'll be done with that -I'll be going back to work tomorrow- but I'll let you know.
If there's any additional fixes you could upload, that'd be great too. Ideally today, so I can get them while I've still got fast internet.

Do you have a bit of a walkthrough on how to play through this? I managed to get off the island on which I was marooned by building the raft (very cool, by the way!),
but then when I was to talk to Woodes Rogers, he didn't seem to be very interested in talking with me and then I couldn't figure out what next anymore.

One thing I noticed is that when I was on the marooned island getting the long rope,
I think it was supposed to look like the player climbing into the rigging, but the ship appeared to be missing and the player character was floating in mid-air instead... :?

Jack Rackham has the files uploaded in his FTP folder, but it might be on the old FTP.
It's not fully compatible with Patch 6, but installing it on top (as I did for my quick test) didn't seem to cause any errors.

It seems that it's not quite finished yet and I'm not at all sure how playable it should be.
As I said, I got a bit lost and confused looking at the code, trying to figure out how to continue.

Still, the parts I saw so far were pretty darn cool involving features that we've not seen before.
JRH did a great job of working around the game engine limitations to show us some new stuff.

If you do install it, be sure to Enable Brothels; I noticed that it's definitely required.

Sorry about the bad shape my files were in when uploading them. Guess Rogers wasn't activated yet and the wreck disappeared somehow... :eek:ops2

I have found what caused the crashes: When moving from B13 to B14 I managed to get doubled files (with different content), doubled iniated characters. Now everything is ok. :onya

I'll remove the files from the (old) ftp. It's not ready at all! Then I'll check out info about the new ftp.

Don't think you have enable Brothels - there is some wokaround for it.

I'm glad you managed to sort out the problem. Testing your work, I experienced only one game freeze while walking around on the marooned island.
However, I had no problems when starting a new game or loading a savegame.

From what I have seen, your work is really very good. I hope you'll be able to fix the story a bit and upload the changed code files.
I'm really looking forward to playing it.

One small suggestion is that maybe the story needs a few more questbook entries.
Since the story requires you to do things that have never been seen in the game before,
I found it a bit hard to figure out what to do at times.
For example, I expected something would need to be done with the floating tree trunk,
but wasn't sure how until I enabled "Visible Locators".

For the brothel, I had tried WR_start 2 but got a black screen and then a crash when reloading into the Nevis pirate settlement brothel.
Then I enabled brothels and tried again, after which it worked fine.
We might just enable brothels by default in the next modpack release.

The marooned part was added recently as a 'starter' for the real quest. I'll add some questbook notes to it too - It's always good with feedback!
These crashes and some work slowed me down about 2 weeks. I'm working almost everyday to get it all ready (soon), 3/13 parts ok today.

When it's all finished I'll be happy for all who want to test it, A Drop O' Rum! :onya

I have finished fixing 8/13 parts and ......... then the crashes started again.

When a CTD has occurred I try to undo my latest change but it often continues to crash!!??
That change was not the problem then?

A game version that has started to CTD doesn't always crash, the probability for a CTD only seems to grow until it's almost impossible to start.

The crashes appear most when the storyline image starts (mostly mine but also other).

There is no errorlog.

Speculations:
I have a 5 MB dead zone on my hard disc.

Many 3D-objects in my quest are 'cut out' from locations with the Tool. This means these .gm files still ask for texture files not
to be found in the game. (noted in the system log)

A clean B14 p6 (without Woodes Rogers) always works. :modding

I have checked (and if needed raised) the limits for models, items, locations and characters.

I have not given up but it's very frustrating not to see what causes this. :|

Can you upload your modified code files? I'd like to try; I've still got your RESOURCE files.

That would be very helpful. :onya I have uploaded on the old ftp.
The last fixed part is nr "9" in StartStoryline.

If you please would like to try start it again and again...

Can you upload just your code files? That file seems far too big for me to be able to download at the moment. :(

I'll do that within a week, Pieter, as I'm on a small trip to Stockholm for the moment and cannot do anything more from here than check the forum. :|

Back