• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

JRH quest

Not ALL textures; just the ones you changed. But yes, you WOULD need to double the GM files. But you can Batch those as well.
In any case, just do whatever works for you! :razz

I turned the brothel on in BuildSettings: ENABLE_BROTHEL = 1,
sailed to QC and no brothel, just an ordinary room????

I can't see any reload9 leading to anything in the QC town init file either. Where is the brothel? :|

Well Jack it looks loke you can't even PLAY the game you're trying to mod.
(I found all) :eek:ops

Strangely enough, in my game I DO get the brothel there even though on default settings -which I use- it SHOULDN'T BE THERE! :wacko:

I have started to merge to Build 14 and go for a separate storyline (to start with).

About characters:
1) If I want for.ex Ines Diaz to be present in the QC tavern do I have to add her in the storyline characters?

2) If I want to replace the GIRL Blowhorn in the QC store with the old Peter Blowhorn is it enough to add P.B as a story character, I mean will that override the other (female) character?

3) I see that storyline characters are divided into several files like story, TempQuest, enemy etc.
Does that have any function? Guess Officers may have but the others?

I'm beginning to think it was really a bad idea to wait almost 5 years to merge, so much have been changed... :modding

The different files make no difference; it's just to distinguish things for yourself.

Check how Ines Diaz is added in the Standard storyline. I think you can either replace a character by using the same ID as the default character or put your own character in there and use a line of code in the quest files to remove the default character from there.

I have added new greetings both in greetings_alias and in greetings_english.
The problem is I can almost not hear them. They are very very soft. Tried to change the volume but no effect.
Tried to change the alias max from 300 to 600, no effect.
Compile log: 297 greetings created. (That's the correct number WITH my sounds.)
Error log: I get that message about insects sounds not working allright. That should be the signal that some limit has beeen exceeded?

Has anyone met this before? :modding

I Try putting them in PROGRAM\sound\ALIAS\greetings_english.c instead.

Yes but I did. Even tried to skip all existing greetings except mine: the same result! :huh

Another question: in Build 14 the two land exits from Port Royal are switched. (Church exot leads now to Rocky Shore not to Devil's Throat)
Is there any quest purpose for that? For my quest it was much better the old style. :sail

They're switched? I don't remember doing that on purpose at all. :wacko:

Yes, they are switched. They are more geographically correct now. Maybe that is why they were switched.

That might've indeed been the reason. Was a LONG time ago then in any case. :shock

Allright I'll switch them back in my quest only -just to be sure...
About the greetings: Guess I have to skip the idea of greetings the normal way and instead add playsound(VOICE\ENGLISH etc etc in all the dialog files.

Quite strange though; it works properly for many other characters, doesn't it??? :wacko:

First the good news: I have added a new part to my adventure.

The bad news: Some weeks ago the game started to crash when starting a new game or loading, never when it has started ok.
These crashes appear at random.

A clean (wihout any JRH quest) Build 14 patch 5 NEVER crashes.
My quest on Build 13 NEVER crashes.
I have tested on another computer as well: same result.

I have worked for a month to merge over from Build 13 to 14 without any problems.

So my conclusion is that it must be something in the latest part (which was never in Build 13) that is terribly wrong? :huh
Not sure what to do - skip all new stuff and see? :modding :modding :modding

I have to tell, Shipwreck Island looks absolutly awsome! :shock
Umm, I havn't been to the site in a long time, so, is the JRH quest the assassing storyline or what? (Sorry for the stupid question)

It's not a stupid question and it's another storyline. I never get this quest finished that's all.

That Shipwreck Island DOES look cool. You seriously have some amazing stuff in store for us; you keep amazing me! :woot

As for those crashes, is there anything in the compile.log, system.log or possible error.log that gives a clue on them?
And if I understand correctly, the game randomly crashes WHILE starting a new game OR loading a savegame? That's an interesting one; I never heard of a crash during those events that is random.

A thing you could try in addition to the error logs is to try to get everything working without that additional content, then once it works, then add a newest stuff part by part and see what happens.
If you could upload your current work, I'd also happily see if I can take a look at it.

I am most grateful if you would take a look at this Pieter. :bow
The upload has started to Jack Rackham folder on the ftp but it says something about 4 hours!!!

Obs the quest is not finished. Many things still to be fixed. Quest items with .gm models are not in the right folder.
InitItems is a minor nightmare. I know.

The modpack is for Build14 patch 5, I havn't merged to patch 6 yet.

In StartStoryline you find a lot of cases "Pchar.quest.WR_start"

case "0" is chosen, only 0, 1, 2 are "prepared" so far.

case "0" is the newly added start part (marooned).
case "1" mission given by Rogers
case "2" brothel part

I'll continue stripping off every new stuff and see... :|

I've still got time to wait until the upload is finished; no rush.

Shouldn't be too much work to merge it with Patch 6; especially when it comes to storyline stuff, not all that much was changed to interfere.

Back