• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Released Kriswood's La Dilligente tartane

Rider88

Master Mariner
Storm Modder
Storm Modeller
Here is a replacement for a stock tartane, a lovely little vessel from KrisWood:
LD8.jpg

LD9.jpg

LD7.jpg

LD6.jpg

La_Dilligente v1.02

Now there is a great looking little boat, much better than the stock version! :onya

Very nice indeed! Another tartane with some guns at least. The PotC stock game tartanes are 100% gun-less. :rofl

Nice to see another detailed ship of this size! Cute lil' things, aren't they? :keith

Are those cannons scaled correctly, or is it just me? They look a bit small considering the size of the ship. :blink:

Have I mentioned lately that I love you? <3

Btw the swivels aren't quite right, take a look here for an example of how and where they should be placed:

http://www.mnrm.org/affBateaux.php4?bateau=Ladiligente

Edit: and she was constructed in 1738, not 1731 :)

Are those cannons scaled correctly, or is it just me? They look a bit small considering the size of the ship. :blink:
No, everything is right. She is just much larger than stock tartane.
LD5.jpg

LD6.jpg

LD7.jpg

Have I mentioned lately that I love you? <3

Btw the swivels aren't quite right, take a look here for an example of how and where they should be placed:

http://www.mnrm.org/affBateaux.php4?bateau=Ladiligente

Edit: and she was constructed in 1738, not 1731 :)
Now, you haven't xD:
I'll fix the swivels in 1.01 version.
So, my source was wrong about the year of constrution. Unfortunately I can't change the title myself.

BTW, she is ready! See the first post. There are no alternative textures so any ideas about that are appreciated.

WOW! Another new ship! She's a beauty. I'm porting her in now. Nice work Kriswood and Rider88! Thank you! You guys are AWESOME!!!! :onya

MK

Added the 1.01 version of La Dilligente. Svivels are mounted according to the plans and two skins added. See the first post.

so, what about the lifeboat? i'd prefer this little thing any time over the stock ship, but it seems too big for a lifeboat if it's actually going to replace it.

I once tried to replace the standard lifeboat with the Tartane50, but couldn't make that work at the time. :facepalm

I'm working on this tartane now. Half of her textures are already in POTC under different names. Is there a hex editor that allows one to delete blocks without corrupting the GM?

Is there a hex editor that allows one to delete blocks without corrupting the GM?
I don't think so. You'll just have to use renamed versions of existing textures to fit this model.

Bummer. It is possible but it requires manually editing the left side of the hex file. It has been some years since I did that and will not do it again. I was hoping there had been some advances here.

Well it's beyond me, then. I wouldn't know where to start. :shrug

Well, I got this tartane into my game but she has problems. For some reason I could not get the crew to show up and she has a bad bow wave. But she doesn't beep!

Also, is this ship sized correctly? She looks bigger than a lugger. Check out the screenies.

Interesting. According to this post, she IS supposed to be quite large: http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/18299-kriswoods-la-dilligente-tartane/page__view__findpost__p__412675
But indeed that is quite a lot larger! :shock

Well, I'm trying to delete all tartane content without wrecking this install and will try reinstalling again later. That walk file problem has me concerned.

Back