• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

La Belle 1684

Oskar94

Sailor Apprentice
Storm Modder
A new project that i'm going to do, this is the barque longue La Belle, six guns, launched in 1684...
She'll be famous for potbs...

n1468839320_30372265_7811521.jpg

A barque longue! The one we have is one of my mostest favoritest ships in the game. :bow

But, is it 1684 or 1864? :cheers

This is great, we dont have enough quality models of small ships in the game, especially considering smaller ships were the most common ships in the Caribbean. Its hard to sail a stock (albeit re textured and with changed rigging) schooner or sloop in POTC when you have amazing works of art like the Bounty or single deck French Frigate available.

Thank's... This is a ship that i like a lot :rolleyes:

Another update, opened the gunports, did the decks and some other things:

29d91fn.jpg

1z4bmf5.jpg

It is looking quite different from the one I'm used to sailing. The old one looks like a river barge compared to this one.

The older barques longues had rounded stern,then i will make a model of one of them too ;)

Anyway another update, working on the deck:

13zddom.jpg

2vm80pg.jpg

Really beautiful work Mate!

Gorgeous scrollwork on the stern and I can't believe how fast you've built her!!!

Nice addition. :onya

MK

That's a lovely little stern! Nice work! :woot

Thank's for the comments :rolleyes:

Another small update, the last for today, the rudder:

2j47r4j.jpg

anzf4g.jpg

And an integral view:

az8575.jpg

The part used to steer the rudder really shows how small the ship is! xD:
Still, the level of detail you're starting to cram in is great!

My only criticism is that, from your third screenshot, the bottom of the hull, where it meets the keel, looks a bit out of line...
But that's obviously not important when using the ship at sea. ;)

Nice little ship there. Brings back memories there. We COULD use more high quality little guys. When it comes to small ships I've personally always been a fan of schooners and ketches.

Keep up the good work.

Back