• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

La Belle 1684

Started working on the bow and fixed the bottom of the hull ;)

What do you think?

2ith200.jpg

yfqk4.jpg

That is a very detailed ship! :bow

There is one thing that has recently been bothering me, and perhaps you could calm my fevered mind. :shock I recently got a 16:9 monitor and have found some ships that, in the outside camera view, are on or below the bottom of the screen. That means that I can not see those ships. I have only found this in 8 out of 240 ships so far, but would be devastated if I could not see this ship too. :j3

Thank's... Have you tried editing screen x and y in engine.ini?

Anyway, another small update, she's going to be finished :keith

333fwb6.jpg

291ooc7.jpg

I have not touched the X and Y in engine.ini. That would be a global change, would it not?

I am currently sailing a barque longue and am looking forward to sailing this beauty also. :woot It looks like a very small ship. Could it be a new starter ship?

There are several x and y settings. The top ones are for screen resolution, and the others make no change that I could see. This is a problem with certain ships and not a global problem.

Shaping up beautifully! :woot

Could it be a new starter ship?
As wonderful as that would be, I think we had this discussion before, rregarding replacing NH's starting lugger.
I think it was said that a ship such as this would be 'too good', and many ships the player encounters later on would be disappointments in comparison.
That's one side of the story, though. The other is that we could demonstrate some of our best work as starting ships... :keith

Although, I believe we're eventually going back to a 'select ship' interface for each storyline, so starting ships won't be so important.

I don't want to hijack Jack Harrison's thread, but things have changed since then with some very nice small ships in game and in the pipeline. Currently there are the heavy lugger, the current barque longue, the Edinburgh/Bounty, the light fluyt with the cabin, and the class 6 light corvette. Add to them this barque longue, Pgargon's pinnace, and some new frigates and things are looking good for the small ships. I just started a new game and went from the standard lugger to the heavy lugger asap, then got the current barque longue, and am now on the lookout for that light fluyt and light corvette. It would save steps to start off with a hot rod ship. :ty

I don't want to hijack Jack Harrison's thread, but things have changed since then with some very nice small ships in game and in the pipeline.
Perhaps you're right. Maybe we should start a thread elsewhere to review the starting ships; I'm sure some of them could have better replacements... :sail

Jack, may I help you? You can give me the files of the La Belle. I will build a path. ;)

Back