• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Lets Get Down to Basics

I meant to add; At the end of the installation I got the error message: " Cannot find Build Info.txt file. Ensure you install main files first."

I made a fake build info.txt file and the game finally appeard to install. But then the above error happened. So if that file didn't install, I wonder what else didn't make it.

If both of those were put into the same folder, then stock POTC installed outside of program files, then the installer started and pointed to the POTC install, then it should work properly.

Otherwise all I can think of is a bad download. :shrug I downloaded from there and installed it as described and have been playing it with no problems, so I know it should work. We just need to figure out what is different about your install.

Is this how you did it?:
like this: Clipboard01.jpg
  • Now, run the installer and point it to your main game folder
  • Modify and Play
NOTE: If you have an Intel Card issue, check the "Intel Fix" box during installation.

Yes, a few times. I even put it in separate partition away from program files..I suppose I'll have to reinstall potc..(god, that takes a while)..and try it over.....still concerned that it was looking for that build info.txt file that I assume should have installed.....

LOL! My Dropbox has crashed again because of too much use. Over 20GB a day and it is not advertised.

Sound to me like there are permission errors. Which version of windows are you running? Is it a clean install of windows or did you manufacturer put stuff on it (Like compagnies like HP do) to prevent acces to certain folders etc?
In which folder did you install potc? What kind of user are you on your computer?
Could you try to do right click on the potc folder and go to properties and then to security and find out what kind of rights you have?

Indeed it can very well be Windows Security Stupidity messing things up again.
That really DOES make me SICK. It is like waging an ever-lasting war that you just can't win. :modding

I wonder why it wants the Build Info.txt file? Where does that come from?

Just did a reinstall and its not there...

It comes with the install pack..that IS REALLY WEIRD! o_O
Its this one: Clipboard01.jpg (also attached)

Attachments

• Build Info.txt
    124.2 KB · Views: 127
I wonder why it wants the Build Info.txt file? Where does that come from?
That is just a check to ensure you install the main modpack files before installing the update files included in the installer EXE itself.
Otherwise people try to install without the main archive files and that won't work for sure.

So you don't have a "Build Info.txt" in your game folder after the installer spent quite a while extracting and moving files?
That MUST be Windows Security Stupidity. Try installing to a different folder where you may have more rights.
For example, your desktop.

Try running the installer as administrator.

Back