• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Cannot Confirm Leveling: Level Up Cheats Not Working Correctly

Jason

Buccaneer
Storm Modder
Also,

Even though I have cheat mode enable in internal settings it does not work when I press 4 and neither does the 9 attack.

Also,

Even though I have cheat mode enable in internal settings it does not work when I press 4 and neither does the 9 attack.
Are you absolutely sure the game is installed correctly? Sounds to me like there are really very strange things going on.
Also, how can you have enabled the Cheat mode when InternalSettings.h is blank???

Also,

Some of the numberpad keys have changed

From the Default Key Assignments file in the documentation folder:

================================
Cheats:
================================
These only work if ENABLE_CHEATMODE is on
at the bottom of PROGRAM\InternalSettings.h

Numpad 0 = Character: God Mode
Numpad 1 = Scroll Characters LEFT
Numpad 2 = Select Main Character
Numpad 3 = Scroll Characters RIGHT
Numpad 4 = Character: Level-Up
Numpad 5 = Character: Fake Level Up
Numpad 6 = Player: + 100000 Gold and + 10000 Wealth
Numpad 7 = Character: Cycle through reputations (increase/decrease reputation)
Numpad 8 = Disable worldmap storms and ships chasing you
Numpad 9 = Trigger enemy attack (cheatmode OFF) / Promotion (cheatmode ON)
TAB = Shotgun Mode: If you have a shotgun equipped in Fight Mode

:drunk

Some of the numberpad keys have changed
The only change that I know of there is this one:
Code:
I don't remember changing anything else "recently".

The only change that I know of there is this one:
Code:
I don't remember changing anything else "recently".

Well in my game cheat mode is on 4 character level up is not working, but 5 fake level up is.

Well in my game cheat mode is on 4 character level up is not working, but 5 fake level up is.
I just checked that in my game and found something interesting. The REAL Level-Up works just fine (Numpad 4)
But the FAKE Level-Up does not increase skills any longer (Numpad 5).
So there is a definitely issue there; it just seems to be the opposite issue from what you have. :shock

The "Fake Level Up" cheat (Numpad 5) no longer increases your skills. I think that is related to the work done here.

I just checked that in my game and found something interesting. The REAL Level-Up works just fine (Numpad 4)
But the FAKE Level-Up does not increase skills any longer (Numpad 5).
So there is a definitely issue there; it just seems to be the opposite issue from what you have. :shock
Do you want to swap internal settings an see what happens?

I don't know what to make of that. I get nothing on 4. Kinda of weird, but obviously it is not the internal settings.

While not crucial, I'd like to avoid making a public Beta 4 release with this problem in it. I hope @Levis manages to figure it out soon.

Wait, WHAT? Now suddenly I'm getting the problem @Jason had too!

I get it consistently on the Free Play storyline, but NOT on the Assassin storyline.
The main level-related difference between the two is that the player starts at Level 1 for Assassin, but on Level 5 for Free Play (tested with Jean Laffitte on his default Smuggler start).
So that suggests that the problem is with player characters NOT starting at Level 1.
Uhm.... @Levis, I thought that was fixed?

The Fake Level-Up Cheat does not add skill points in either case.

I normally test with jean latiffe who also starts at level 5 and I haven't encountered it before. But I will try to replicate the problem. Might be something is changed ...

I normally test with jean latiffe who also starts at level 5 and I haven't encountered it before. But I will try to replicate the problem. Might be something is changed ...
The only "related" change I can think of that wasn't yours is that Jean Lafitte now has a Smuggler start by default instead of an Agent one.
I tried it three times on a brand new game; managed to confirm the problem every time.

Okay I see there is something wrong but let's be clear first.
What should fake and real do?
What I interpeter:
Real:
You gain the experience to go up a level and this experience is also added to the skills. This is done by the auto skill system. If this is disabled you will get skillpoints instead. And you'll get an ability point.

Fake:
You will only up a level and get the appropiate XP added, but this isn't added to the skills in any ways. You do get an skill point (if auto skill is disabled) and ability point.

Is this right?

They should both so exactly the same. The only difference is that for the Fake one, the ch.rank is NOT increased.
So you get the skill and ability points plus the HP increase from a normal level-up,
but as your actual level isn't increased and many enemies are generated based on your character level, you gain an unfair advantage over your enemies.

Back