• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Cannot Confirm Leveling: Level Up Cheats Not Working Correctly

They should both so exactly the same. The only difference is that for the Fake one, the ch.rank is NOT increased.
So you get the skill and ability points plus the HP increase from a normal level-up,
but as your actual level isn't increased and many enemies are generated based on your character level, you gain an unfair advantage over your enemies.
Hmmm....this could cause an issue ... but I will see If I can get it to work...

This might work. I can't test it at the moment. Could someone see if it works?
You might want to winmerge this into your game. The only thing changed is this function:
Code:
void LevelUp_Cheat(ref rCharacter, bool real)
{
    int xp = CalculateExperienceFromRank(sti(rCharacter.rank)+1)-sti(rCharacter.Experience);
    float mult = 1.0 / (1.0-((GetDifficulty()-1.0) / 4.0));
    AddCharacterExpNS(&rCharacter, makeint(xp*mult)); // NK do it via actual call 05-07-10
    if(!real)
    {
        if(!CheckAttribute(rCharacter,"fakelevels")) rCharacter.fakelevels = 0;
        rCharacter.fakelevels = sti(rCharacter.fakelevels) + 1;
        rCharacter.rank = sti(rCharacter.rank) - sti(rCharacter.fakelevels);
    }
    if(AUTO_SKILL_SYSTEM)
    {
        rCharacter.quest.officertype = GetPlayerType();
        if (rCharacter.quest.officertype == OFFIC_TYPE_REGCAP)             rCharacter.quest.officertype = OFFIC_TYPE_CAPMERCHANT;    // PB: Because the "captain" type isn't fully operational
        if (rCharacter.quest.officertype == OFFIC_TYPE_CAPPRIVATEER)    rCharacter.quest.officertype = OFFIC_TYPE_CAPNAVY;        // PB: Because the "privateer captain" type isn't used
        if (rCharacter.quest.officertype == OFFIC_TYPE_NAVIGATOR)        rCharacter.quest.officertype = OFFIC_TYPE_CAPNAVY;        // PB: Because the "navigator" type isn't meant for this
        /*LAi_Officer_SetSkillmodifiers_and_Perks(rCharacter, 0);
        LAi_SetSkill_on_Modifier(rCharacter);*/
    }
}

I haven't been able to update my game to the newest version yet.

Wrong fix. See later for better one

Last edited:
No time or is something going wrong?
Haven't had time yet to download the new large archive or to update all together. Only had small moment because I had to fix a lot of time.
I still have about 30 unread emails left now so getting there tough :).
Hopefully tomorrow I have time to finish of the last things and be able to update.
Going away for 8 days without internet means I have to catch up a lot :p.

This might work. I can't test it at the moment. Could someone see if it works?
Thanks! I installed it in my game now for the next updates. Hopefully somebody else can test it before I have to.

It isn't simply possible to skip the line of code that applies the +1 to ch.rank, is it?
I suppose that would've been too easy and probably messes up the behaviour for ResetHP, wouldn't it?

Haven't had time yet to download the new large archive or to update all together.
You can also get the last version from here and install the Beta 4 WIP on top of that:
http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/build-14-beta-3-5-internal-wip-for-testing.24817/
Saves you the 2+GB download and should work equally well.

Thanks! I installed it in my game now for the next updates. Hopefully somebody else can test it before I have to.

It isn't simply possible to skip the line of code that applies the +1 to ch.rank, is it?
I suppose that would've been too easy and probably messes up the behaviour for ResetHP, wouldn't it?
It would indeed mean the HP and such wouldn't work.
Come to think of it I think this won't work either. so please revert the change. I will upload a new version soon.

Change the function to this @Pieter Boelen
Code:
void LevelUp_Cheat(ref rCharacter, bool real)
{
    if(!CheckAttribute(rCharacter,"fakelevels")) rCharacter.fakelevels = 0;
    int realrank = sti(rCharacter.rank) + sti(rCharacter.fakelevels);
    int xp = CalculateExperienceFromRank(realrank+1)-sti(rCharacter.Experience);
    float mult = 1.0 / (1.0-((GetDifficulty()-1.0) / 4.0));
    AddCharacterExpNS(&rCharacter, makeint(xp*mult)); // NK do it via actual call 05-07-10
    if(!real)
    {
        rCharacter.fakelevels = sti(rCharacter.fakelevels) + 1;
        rCharacter.rank = sti(rCharacter.rank) - sti(rCharacter.fakelevels);
    }
    if(AUTO_SKILL_SYSTEM)
    {
        rCharacter.quest.officertype = GetPlayerType();
        if (rCharacter.quest.officertype == OFFIC_TYPE_REGCAP)             rCharacter.quest.officertype = OFFIC_TYPE_CAPMERCHANT;    // PB: Because the "captain" type isn't fully operational
        if (rCharacter.quest.officertype == OFFIC_TYPE_CAPPRIVATEER)    rCharacter.quest.officertype = OFFIC_TYPE_CAPNAVY;        // PB: Because the "privateer captain" type isn't used
        if (rCharacter.quest.officertype == OFFIC_TYPE_NAVIGATOR)        rCharacter.quest.officertype = OFFIC_TYPE_CAPNAVY;        // PB: Because the "navigator" type isn't meant for this
        /*LAi_Officer_SetSkillmodifiers_and_Perks(rCharacter, 0);
        LAi_SetSkill_on_Modifier(rCharacter);*/
    }
}

Normal Level-Up Cheat still doesn't work for Jean Lafitte.

Fake Level-Up also doesn't work as intended:
upload_2015-9-2_19-53-57.png

Note how it repeats the previous level-ups.

Doing this repeatedly gives me NEGATIVE numbers for level and ZERO for my HP:
upload_2015-9-2_19-54-40.png

And still gaining no skill points.

Also strange is that the FAKE Level-Up actually gives the appearance of being a real one, including the "1 UP" icon and sound.
That never used to be the case as that should go with the REAL Level-Up. Which doesn't do anything. :facepalm

To make this even weirder: Using Numpad 4 Level-Up doesn't work by itself. But the Numpad 5 Level-Up DOES do something, even if it isn't quite right (as per above).
However, Numpad 4 DOES work after that. So you first need one Fake Level-Up and then Numpad 4 works. Wha??? :confused:

Got any error logs?

I think I know what causes this... let me think about it

So this is fixed for the next update? Levis do you still need to my NK.c file. Just back from work trip.

@Levis: Level-Up now seems to work again. However, Fake Level-Up isn't entirely there yet.

You do gain skill points now, but apparently quite slowly throughout. By the time I maxed out my character with Fake Level-Up, I had 218 ability points.
That doesn't seem in line with the regular Level-Up.

Additionally, you don't gain HP points for a Fake Level-Up which used to be included as well.

@Levis: Level-Up now seems to work again. However, Fake Level-Up isn't entirely there yet.

You do gain skill points now, but apparently quite slowly throughout. By the time I maxed out my character with Fake Level-Up, I had 218 ability points.
That doesn't seem in line with the regular Level-Up.

Additionally, you don't gain HP points for a Fake Level-Up which used to be included as well.
Skillpoints indeed is slower then normal. This is due to the fact that the XP you get is lower ... I could look into this to see if I can fix it and also try to fix the HP bonus ...

Why is the XP from a Fake Level Up lower than for a normal one?

Why is the XP from a Fake Level Up lower than for a normal one?
Because atm I took a shortcut, so it just does a levelup and then takes away a level again. But the amount of xp needed to gain a level increases. So if you are level 5 you will get the xp to go to level 6 when you do a fake level up each time. But this should increase.

Because atm I took a shortcut, so it just does a levelup and then takes away a level again. But the amount of xp needed to gain a level increases. So if you are level 5 you will get the xp to go to level 6 when you do a fake level up each time. But this should increase.
Ah.... :wp

Back