• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Levelling: Surrendered captains pay too high

Found out why. Seems there is a multiplier based on leadership etc, so because your leadeship increases the price goes down.

Won't be able to post an update today for this but my idea is to add the price increase back for the levelling. But have it increase a bit less the for "setup" if @Pieter Boelen wants to make it be my guest. For balance I think you should increase the absolute value in create officer. Then you can reduce the price per level a bit in finish init in leveling.c. And add the same line in the levelup loop but with a slightly smaller number.

wait....decreasing over time? how does that happen ....

I have noticed this too :-

Also what is happening to Fred Bob's Wealth ( I want some of that ) o_O

:cheers

Attachments

• PotC Fred_Bob 10_8_1740.jpg
    PotC Fred_Bob 10_8_1740.jpg
    301.9 KB · Views: 114
  • PotC Fred_Bob 15_10_1740.jpg
    PotC Fred_Bob 15_10_1740.jpg
    299 KB · Views: 84
Here are my stats at the same times:-

:drunk

Attachments

• PotC JS 10_8_1740.jpg
    PotC JS 10_8_1740.jpg
    288.7 KB · Views: 75
  • PotC JS 15_10_1740.jpg
    PotC JS 15_10_1740.jpg
    290.4 KB · Views: 91
Also what is happening to Fred Bob's Wealth ( I want some of that ) o_O
What you pay him in salary should be going into his Wealth.
So with his 6000+ gold salary, he should get that in his wealth every month.
I think there are about a 2-3 game months between those screenshots?

Won't be able to post an update today for this but my idea is to add the price increase back for the levelling. But have it increase a bit less the for "setup" if @Pieter Boelen wants to make it be my guest. For balance I think you should increase the absolute value in create officer. Then you can reduce the price per level a bit in finish init in leveling.c. And add the same line in the levelup loop but with a slightly smaller number.
I'd rather not look into it; have several other things still to be done.
Unless you can point me to some old code to restore....

I think we still have the problem where now officers' salaries don't go UP at all, only down. Right?

That does appear to be true. Both Coffier and Saldanha are up to level 26 and Coffier is still getting $0 and Saldanha is getting $375.

That does appear to be true. Both Coffier and Saldanha are up to level 26 and Coffier is still getting $0 and Saldanha is getting $375.
Thanks for confirming. :doff

Hopefully @Levis can do a quick-fix so at least the numbers go up in a believable way.

As a reminder, my last suggestion was to update salary if:
- A skill increases that applies to that character's officer role
or
- You reassign that officer's role

Hmm I reassign certain officers a lot. For instance in the current game when I get another ship to look at in the shipyard I assign Saldanha as its captain. I usually end up reselling them but he stays a captain. I then switch him to carpenter of something so that he can get skills as he levels up. Captains seem to no get much in the way of skills.
Then I look at another ship and do it all over again.

Just to clarify here, I'm NOT proposing to "increase the salary every time you change officer role".
I meant "reset the salary to a reasonable number for an officer of that type with those skills".
So if you swap back and forth, the skills don't change and neither does the salary.

Unless the salary goes UP when you swap to a role where the character has high skills and DOWN again when the character has low skills for that role.
But that might piss that officer off, so perhaps have a limitation in place so that it can "only go up or stay the same", but not go down?

I then switch him to carpenter of something so that he can get skills as he levels up.
@Levis, is that intentional?

Captains seem to no get much in the way of skills.
That sounds like a potential bug.

Okay officerprices are now based on theire officertype (mostly captains get a raise), there overal level and the level of the skills they contribute.
Each time XP is added the system checks if there should be an increase in the officerpay and adds this.
So if could for example be you where a boatswain before who got a pay of 500 a month because of your skills.
You are now changed to a navigator and you should actually get 300 because your skills are lower. But now you level a skill in there so the next price would be 320. The difference in these two prices is now added to the already established price of 500 so it becomes 520.
This is because I tought the price shouldn't drop. There is one occasion where this can happen. It's when you remove someone as a captain.
When you assign a officer as captain the old price is stored. this one is also updated when needed. When he is removed as captain this price is put back. this is to prevent exploids or having a large increase in price when someone is put on and off as captain.

Please let me know if these prices make any sense and feel right.
Mod Release - Levis' Stuff [Nov 14] | PiratesAhoy!

Please try to hire some captains etc and see how they perform.

Someone hired some captains already? As far as I know they should behave now with theire salary and it should be the same as normal officers.
This might Need to be changed a Little bit?

Back