• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Mainsail

If I remember I will look into a spar for the sloop. Then the spankers from the cutter will work fine.

Good deal but be forewarned so far every sloop in game is broke with the exception of the Bermuda, though maybe we can steal parts from the Bermuda?

The Bermuda Sloop is different from every other ship in POTC. I know the sloops have not been repaired because I tried to fix them once and could not do it.

Ok still confirmed cutters rotate right and have all their parts, but umm the light is coming from wrong side of those new parts.

This is the last screenies I have. I suspect that the top yard is good and the bottom one is bad. beta3 2013-11-10 14-36-48-47.jpg beta3 2013-11-10 11-53-56-18.jpg

Note that the bottom one is lighter which method is used. The spyglass view is with the first complex method. Is this how it looks to you?

No this is what I'm getting the difference seems to be more and both top and bottom are showing it. Maybe making the unbroken one broke is a clue to how to fixe it.

Attachments

• Lighting Problem.jpg
    Lighting Problem.jpg
    525.9 KB · Views: 81
I just DLed and checked both versions. The cutter 1 & 2 spanker DL has one too many folders in it which can cause confusion. To me it is also the worst looking version.

Neither version crashed my game and I tried them all, so I'm guessing that the extra folders messed you up. Sorry about that....:oops:

My vote goes to the Cutter 1 & 2.7Z version and not the spanker version.

Ok agreed that one worked on my puter and seems to put us back to the quality of lighting in the pic you showed me, so the rotation, parts and lighting are all equal or better to when I starting the thread.

So is the problem fixed now?

Since this started with the sloop I will continue it here.

The ideal fix for the sloop would be for someone who knows Maya to center the yards for it. They are currently positioned pointing off to one side. This makes them really bad at times and not too bad at other times. Armada is the only one who knows Maya who has done this in the past, but now he is committed to HOO.
That leaves me looking for a donor ship to transplant the yards from. The US_Enterprise is the closest match I could find and it is far from perfect. The top yard is too short and I can't find another better one.

beta3 2013-11-12 06-36-46-67.jpg beta3 2013-11-12 06-50-20-61.jpg beta3 2013-11-12 06-53-01-74.jpg beta3 2013-11-12 06-58-58-90.jpg beta3 2013-11-12 07-01-03-43.jpg beta3 2013-11-12 07-02-17-27.jpg

Back