• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

WIP Making use of different grass types

incase you are wondering where this info comes from just put the .exe files in say C and try to run them trough the commandprompt
Yes I could do that with the patchcreator.exe with my old windows XP but how is it done with windows 8?

I think I found out how to generate the grasspatch :p.
Just loading an location.gm file in the grasspatch did the job. So if you only want certain parts in there you need to remove the parts you don't want in maya and generate a new patch I think :p.
grasslol.png

:woot

Now that would be good for a deserted / abandoned town.

I wonder what it would look like on the new Oranjasted port. ;)

:drunk

Where do I find the files jungle trees and plants, I want to do some trials.
How do I make the attached file to work right . The file grass_dark. tga
@Levis posted look like this ,when I use it and so do grassshore.tga.tx

Attachments

• grassshore.tga.zip
    268.4 KB · Views: 87
  • seadogs2_0008.jpg
    seadogs2_0008.jpg
    526 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
@ANSEL can you describe your steps?

In most jungles the trees are put in the model itself. You need tool to move or remove them

The path is POTC-->resource-->textures-->grass. To use the texture you want rename it to grass.tga.tx. Rename the existing texture first and all is well. I am currently using grasshore renamed as grass.

Thanks @Levis for the link. :onya
I had to borrow a very old computer for doing this.:modding
I tried some things yesterday with removing stuff from a .gm by using tool and then applying the grassgenerator but it errored. Probably because I made the location wrong. If you need some help on some locations I can provide you with the grass patch if you can't get it to work. What I need is the .gm file which only contains the pieces which should have grass on it.

I was also looking into something else. @Hylie Pistof posted a zip with some grass textures, 1 is a seaweed texture. I see some locations have a seabed gm file. I was thinking about adding a grass patch to that with the seaweed and see how it looks :).

@Hylie Pistof I want to make some trials with coas jungle files.
Where do I place them in potc? here POTC-->resource-->textures-->grass? or
some different place?:shrug

You can have different grass texture files in that folder:
upload_2015-10-16_19-44-59.png

Then you can set which texture is used per location as Levis described before:
Adding this line of code for an specific location:
Code:
Locations[n].models.always.grasspatch.texture = "Grass\grass_flower.tga";
seemed to work.
I renamed the coas grass to grass_flower.tga.tx
and placed the old grass texture back
When the line isn't there the normal grass texture is used, else this one is used.
This relates to the files in your PROGRAM\Locations\init folder.
New game required for those changes to take effect though.

@Hylie Pistof I want to make some trials with coas jungle files.
Where do I place them in potc? here POTC-->resource-->textures-->grass? or
some different place?:shrug

been there done that but couldn't get it to work (hence I started looking into how grasspatches are actually generated :p).
but please try, maybe I overlooked something

Are you talking about the junglsprites? They look like background files to me and are probably already in POTC. I have not touched them and do not know what they would look like in POTC when renamed to grass.

Are you talking about the junglsprites? They look like background files to me and are probably already in POTC. I have not touched them and do not know what they would look like in POTC when renamed to grass.
they look like very small palmtrees on the ground :p. It has a nice effect if you want to create a very dense patch of grass.

Back