• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Maybe a really good progress in graphical improvement...

I think it should work with any game version, I'ven't tested with Build 13 for example, but I think it should. As you say, it is not for the lowest computers, so an optional download would be preferable unless we can find a way to put a toggle in the options menu, but as it is quite independant from the game architecture I don't know if it's possible.

Should work for any game version if I understand correctly.
I *think* we can even include it in the regular installer and you can disable/enable it.
But we'll see later. :shrug

If we do it like that have it DISABLED as default and then make the people who want it and have the rig to do it ENABLE it themselves (just like realistic settings ;))

That would be the way that I would recomend having it anyway ;)

True, that will avoid people being troubled because they don't understand why their framerate dropped, and what they can do to fix that, it seems a good solution!

I've experienced the settings a bit more, but, i'm not sure i'll be able to find a better version than the last I released. The program has no impact on shadows, but I think the additions it provides are valuable anyway ; especially it's impact on the weather and the ambient. With ENB activated you have really the impression to have sunset light or morning fog!

I tried this yesterday and the framerate DOES drop noticeably. I don't think my computer can handle it properly.
I'm not sure what to think of the effect; there's now some sort of glow around light surfaces.
That's about the only real difference I noticed in my short testing.
But certainly making this available as additional download would be perfect. :yes

I founded the colors seemed more living, more intense. Because of the framerate drop and the particular aspect of the program, I also think the optional download seems to be a good solution :) and with the readme included, anyone will be able to experience it's favourite settings ^^

About the glow on the light surfaces, if you don't like it, in the "enbseries" file, [BLOOM] settings, try to set :

BloomQuality=0

the readme says : "BloomQuality=(0..2) bloom effect quality, 0 means maximal quality."

At maximal quality the effect will be more discreet. :)

I'm not going to do anything with it for quite a while.
But it's definitly good to have the option available, so thanks a lot for that. :woot
Do you reckon you could make some really good artsy screenshots with the effects applied?
Then you or someone else can submit the screenshots as well as the download to the ModDB.
People can download and use it then. If I understand correctly, the modpack version doesn't matter.

We'll have confirmation about that as soon as a Build 13 user will use it but theorically it works, it's easy to supress, and it can't damage the game installation.

I've some computer problems but I'll upload a battery of screenshots as soon as possible :)

Cheers, Seb! There's no reason to assume it doesn't work with Build 13 or earlier.
Somebody please submit this download to the ModDB Pirates of the Caribbean page.
http://www.moddb.com/games/pirates-of-the-caribbean
It doesn't need to go with the Build Mod or New Horizons, really.

We finally hold a response for all those "your work is cool, but the game is old, the graphics aren't up to date" ; that we can read on ModDb :)

Guys, is there any support for bumpmaps ?
There is a "UseEnvBump" mentioned in the warning section of the readme...
Would be most intresting to apply some bump mapping to the ships at least

BTW i can`t find a specific forum, appears to be down

@Captain Maggee > I'm still collecting some screenshots to upload with the files, it should be done at the end of the week, then I'll send it to you so you can upload it :)

@SuperChango > I don't know about bumpmap, it goes beyond my abilities, but I know there's no POTC support thread on the ENB forum, we have to try and test :/

Which forum appears to be down?
I mean theirs, or i could not find it...

@SuperChango > I don't know about bumpmap, it goes beyond my abilities, but I know there's no POTC support thread on the ENB forum, we have to try and test :/

Right now i'll just stay 100% focused on the model i'm currently working, otherwise i will not finish anything, i know myself and i tend to get lost in the branches... just google for something is a nightmare :cheeky.
I assume that there does is support for bumpmaps, we just need to get the right parameter for it... maybe in some other game ".ini"
BTW, which forum are you talking about ? could you post a link ?

http://enbseries.gtamaps.net/index_en.html

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=y&prev=_t&hl=fr&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fenbseries.3dn.ru%2Fforum&sl=ru&tl=en&history_state0=

thanks seb... i'll sneak peak a little those two... now, having a russian page, translated to english in a french google context wile translating it to spanish in my head is gonna be fun :woot

bah, it`s just funny how it camed out... all those languages...
BTW, i've been looking in the DeusEX section and someone mentions bumpmapping, also, in the general/addons/effects/question about effects.txt a german guy asks about applying bump to a game "Morrowind" and the mod's developer answers back with a solution... maybe that could work for us too ? care to take a look ?

Back