• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Maybe a really good progress in graphical improvement...

I did not try this myself, but for your information someone at a hardware website just realized, how to make nVidia's 3D Vision work with ordinary 3D glasses made of cardboard from the cinemas. Install the drivers, activate 3D Vision Discover and adjust the image to your glasses. If you' re not using a nVidia graphics card, these drivers do the same thing for ATI - and nVidia - there are even additional adjusting features in these:

iZ3D

It will work for most games, but beware of incorporating too much 3D-effect, as the game renders the 3D effect as "ghost-shadows" and will make your eyes get tired fast.

On FireBat's suggestion, I had a look to see if I could change the green text when you start the game to remove the GTA Vice City reference.
Eventually I found that through HEX editing, I could indeed. So now in my game, it says "Storm Engine" instead.
See attached. This seems to be the only file required for the change.
In fact, I removed "d3d9.dll" and it still works.
I know this was over a month ago, but I think this should probably be amended in the ENB installer. They're only tiny details, but personally I hated the GTA reference too, and removing unnecessary files always helps. :onya

I did not try this myself, but for your information someone at a hardware website just realized, how to make nVidia's 3D Vision work with ordinary 3D glasses made of cardboard from the cinemas. Install the drivers, activate 3D Vision Discover and adjust the image to your glasses.
3D??? Sounds interesting; not sure how this game would look...
Personally I'd rather wait until they develop the technology to see 3D images without those silly glasses! :no

I'm intending to replace the file on the ModDB eventually, but I don't know when I'll have the time.
I'd like to add a deinstaller for ENB and SwiftShader that automatically removes all relevant files.
In the meantime, at least you can use that file I uploaded.

I am replacing the ENB version on the ModDB with a proper installer that also includes an uninstaller.
Should be showing up on the ModDB soon.

Back