• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Musketeers

Not that I'm aware of. I believe that would require some extra animation rather than just a code change or skin mod.

There is a musket ability which enables your men to fire on the enemy when initiating boarding, but you don't see anything.

Well when u are in falaise de fleur there is a shop when you get inside there lots of kind of musket but sadly you cannot use it :cry maybe the skin of the musket in this shop can be used :? :b:

Hello,

Making the Muskets would not be hard, many here have the Graphic Skills to do so. :cry

We can actually make it right now if need be, but the character will wear the musket on the Pistol holster and Shoot the Musket as a Pistol.

hence, the problem is the Animations of the Characters Themselves which are not made to handle Muskets.

Once and If that becomes a possibilty one day, Muskets are a very High priority of the Moding Community. :?

Maybe if we copy a holster and put it on the character's back and delete the holster on the side maybe that should do it :?

HiI dont think that have a musket is really important.Muskets in those times were big,heavy and unreliable weapons.Pistols were prefered in Melee combat during abortage.Only Spanish soldiers used it with very bad effect.( Movie Master and Commander is good example for that...)

Shotgun mode puts you into 1st person point of view with crosshairs to aim. No shotgun graphic. :?

Vassal, there was about ten minutes between your suggestion about putting the musket on the back of the player, and your complaint that no one agreed with you. Sampow answered. We're a global community here, so someone is probably looking at this site most any time of the day or night, but not everyone is here all the time. Give it time... :?

I think the musket on the back is a good idea, but there are a lot of other issues to be solved before this kind of thing can be implemented. Such as the musket would have to be fired `one-handed`.

Perhaps a `one-handed` blunderbuss (larger than the other pistols) would be more practical. :cry

HiI dont think that have a musket is really important.Muskets in those times were big,heavy and unreliable weapons.Pistols were prefered in Melee combat during abortage.Only Spanish soldiers used it with very bad effect.( Movie Master and Commander is good example for that...)

JaM my mate, the main reason why we would want muskets in the first place, is, in fact, realism...back in those days, it was Army issued muskets that the soldiers positioned at the forts carried around...it was common! they didnt just have swords, although they would always keep one handy in case...as for pistols, most privates and underranked soldiers didnt have pistols, and if they did, well tell me if you would want to carry this around and feel safe...

1039100358.jpg

... :? a little on the limp side eh? :cry ...another reason why muskets would be nice is, well, come on, you gotta be a total bad ass to have a musket tied to your back, with a sword and a pistol with you too??? come on now mate!!!...one thing i WILL agree with you with though is, truly, the muskets were not really reliable...after about 10 yards or so (my very rough estimate lol) the bullet would totally either just fall down, curve all around, twirl, you name it

Well i want to make it :yes but i just can't because i lack tools on making this xD: xD::

Back