• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved New Game Bug

How am I supposed to find Danielle? I visisted the mines on Barbados, but there's nothing to do there. Also I discovered a bug, when you can loot a corpse, but instead press enter, you can loot yourself. This duplicates items and money

The mines on Barbados are tricky. Save before going there because the correct way to do it is not obvious and will take many tries before you hit the right combination.
Did you talk to anyone in the mine? Did you talk to the officer in charge of the mine in his office?

Anything in the walkthrough for this?
http://www.piratesahoy.net/wiki/original-story-tales-of-a-sea-hawk/

It could also be that you have been hit with the Quests Not Executing bug: http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/quests-not-executing.20670/
If so, reload to an earlier save and try again. Also note that there is an attempted fix in here: http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/build-14-beta-3-progress.20686/
Needs further testing, but it should at least not make matters worse. :facepalm

Also I discovered a bug, when you can loot a corpse, but instead press enter, you can loot yourself. This duplicates items and money
Really? I'm going to have to try that; sounds hilarious! :rofl

After talking to the mine officer and then to Leborio in the mine nothing happened, but my questlog said to sail to porta rica and find a guy who replicated the stone plates. Guess Ill try that again.
Thanks for the link! Didnt know there was a walktrough

Also I discovered a bug, when you can loot a corpse, but instead press enter, you can loot yourself. This duplicates items and money
I asked my li'l brother to test this in Beta 2.5, but when using the Enter Menu, he still looted the corpse and not himself.
So we've been unable to confirm that one, I'm afraid. :(

I do believe you. Hopefully it indeed is a one-time glitch. Or at least an uncommon problem.

Yep, tried it again and it works normally. I remember that the icon on the top left corner didnt show any name. Maybe the game didnt recognize the corpse and put my character there instead?

After finishing the sea hawk campaing I wanted to see the ships in the latest time period so I started the Hornblower campaing, but Im stuck now. I must sail to Charlestown (which is really hard to find because its only a beach from the sailing view). According to the walktrough, Pellet must give me a new quest once I entered the port, but nothing is happening in my game.

Oh thats why it says Free Play only! Already wondered why that button is greyed out.
Also, is it normal that after going to the desktop the game doesnt let you switch back in?
Edit: Went a bit french with the spelling.. hating french at school.. being russian.

Oh thats why it sais Free Play only! Already wondered why that button is greyed out.
It used to be a button for an interface that doesn't exist, so I just re-purposed it to become an explanatory note.
People got rather confused when being dumped on Eleuthera without any story at all. :facepalm

Also, is it normal that after going to the desktop the game doesnt let you switch back in?
Edit engine.ini in your main game folder manually with Notepad.
Set screen_x and screen_y to your desktop resolution. Recommend setting fullscreen to 0.
This makes the game run in windowed mode and allows you to Alt+Tab in and out.

Back