• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Discussion New Horizons Promotion

Standard it look more cartoon'ish in color and saturation, making it less lightly the reader and watcher is immersed into the world. While the edited picture looks more like reality and adds a dramatic effect that will more likely draw the person into it and make the reader/watcher more prone to being able to see him-/herself being there and even wanting to be there.

Which again is more likely to sell the article, leading to a higher chance of downloading and also recommending a download to others

@Pieter Boelen
Of course it will work well either way, and you should use what you feel look best for the article :)

Good luck with it ;)

I will send you that reply for FB later today :)

@Grey Roger: Are there any words you could share about the Ardent storyline?
I'm specifically wondering if your main character(s) are based on anything historical/fictional or if they are truly you own inventions.
Just so I know what I can mention in the description and if any links to other sources might be in order. :doff

The characters are all my own invention. This gives maximum creative freedom for developing the plot. :D

The Indian chief's history lesson about Isla Mona is a mixture of genuine history from Wikipedia, game history from the "Assassin" storyline and made up stuff for this storyline. You can link to the Wikipedia history lesson if you like:
Isla de Mona - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The characters are all my own invention. This gives maximum creative freedom for developing the plot. :D
Thought so; thanks for confirming! :cheers

Out of curiosity, how did you come up with their names?

The Indian chief's history lesson about Isla Mona is a mixture of genuine history from Wikipedia, game history from the "Assassin" storyline and made up stuff for this storyline. You can link to the Wikipedia history lesson if you like:
Isla de Mona - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Cheers! I'll see what I can do with that. :doff

Thought so; thanks for confirming! :cheers

Out of curiosity, how did you come up with their names?
"Ardent" is a variant of a name I've been using for a character while playing something completely different. The forenames just sounded like they fitted. Most other character names e.g. the Downing family were picked at random from "PROGRAM\Characters\Characters_names.c". For the Taino names I did a search for some genuine Native American names, though "Soaring Hawk" is my own invention, and "Nervous Elk" came from the film "Cactus Jack". "Two Dogs Fighting" is an old joke which is sprung when you complete his quest.

I have been experimenting with Shadowplay, to make some video.
But now I cant upload it on the forum,why?

I have been experimenting with Shadowplay, to make some video.
But now I cant upload it on the forum,why?
What is the file size and file type? Forum attachments are generally supposed to be small (<2MB).
If you have large videos, it is better to post them in a different way.

Just rewinding to what @Flannery was saying, I too prefer Ansel's edited shots as they compliment the style I was going for in the trailer. That's very washed out in places and the addition of 35mil grain only accentuates it. I didn't intend for it to be that low contrast/low sat originally, but in my opinion that 'realistic' edge works in both the video and Ansel's images...:) I always felt POTC is a little oversaturated to begin with.

That worked well for me ☺

Finally got round to writing some more parts on the Notice - Build 14 Beta 4 Release Article (WIP) | PiratesAhoy!

So far I only did the section on storylines and it is already getting EPICALLY LONG!
Especially since there is so much else still to be added.

@Jack Rackham and @Grey Roger: Please have a look to see if I did your work justice.

And if anyone has any suggestions on where to trim the fat, I'm all ears.
Though maybe indeed I'll just end up posting all this as separate articles somehow.

I don't think all screenshots are equally inspired (specifically not the ones that I quickly made just now).
So if anyone can come up with better ones, I'd rather use those than my own! :cheeky

I liked the GoldBug part very much. Thank you Pieter. :onya
If you upload the Sao Feng picture I can try 'light up' that guy a little.

I did post it; just click on the thumbnail for the full size version.
That is all I have...

Finally got round to writing some more parts on the Notice - Build 14 Beta 4 Release Article (WIP) | PiratesAhoy!

So far I only did the section on storylines and it is already getting EPICALLY LONG!
Especially since there is so much else still to be added.

@Jack Rackham and @Grey Roger: Please have a look to see if I did your work justice.
Minor corrections to the bit about "Hornblower":
Originally Hornblower did not end "with Hornblower landlocked without a command". He was rank Commander and had the Hotspur. The transfer to Atropos isn't a promotion though it is a new ship.

You may want to rename the picture "hornblower_voltigeurs2". The name is a bit of a spoiler for the question "But wait... Why are Hornblower, Sharpe and Harper fighting against British soldiers?" ;)

About the only treasure Ardent is going to find is whatever he loots from the bodies of the Indians around Hispaniola temple. I don't have any plans for a hunt for buried treasure as there's plenty of opportunity to do that through the normal treasure hunt side quests. At the moment the high points of the storyline are the kidnap and the payroll ship. Kidnap - two possible ways in, two possible ways out, and what are you going to do with the abductee afterwards? Payroll ship - a blatant act of piracy right under the nose of a fort!

But generally, that's a fine article - thanks! :onya

Back