• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved "New Horizons"

Another question:

In Jamaica, I've noticed that there are a few doors that have labels but I can't open them. For example, there's "Roger's paintings, weapons and furniture" that is always locked next to the Loanshark, and also "office" which is in the road to the right when you enter Port Royale from the port. Are these meant to be locked?

Also, is there any way of entering buildings such as the Navy HQ and Townhalls at night?

Thank you! :D

Those locked locations you found are storyline-only locations. They're always locked, except when they're opened up at the appropriate times in their stories.

There's nothing to be done in the Townhall at night. If you really want it open, it's possible to do it through code, but not just by playing in the game.

OK thank you very much! I'm terrible at coding so I'll guess it will have to stay locked as it should ;)

As I said: Nothing to do there at night anyway, so you're not missing out on anything. :no
You might end up in there at night during some storyline scenes, though.

i have a problem on new horizons build 14 beta 4. i cant fast travel anymore. i used to but after completing like the main quest in tales of a sea hawk where i talk to tobias and meet with french captain to give his boat to port royale . after that i cant fast travel anymore to taverns shipyards etc etc. there is no also somethings going to happen message. pleas help me

Yes, it is locked at that point. After you talk to the French Captain you are to meet with Tobias and then go to the waterfront.

Yes, that is the "Restricted ship tier" mod at work. This mod means that you cannot sail larger ships when your Sailing and Leadership skills are not enough.
Unfortunately the addition of "tier 8" ships caused a bug with this mod so that you'll max out at Tier 3 instead of Tier 1.
You can still capture Tier 1 ships and sail them, but you'll have a slight penalty to your skills for doing so.

Hi there Captain Pieter, I would like to know if this bug has been fixed in the latest build.

You can have as many POTC installs as you want. Just name each one differently. I have a POTC C drive, POTC D drive, POTC B23, POTC stock.

Cap. Hylie, is there any problem in having multiple installs in the same drive, however in different folders of a course?

PS: Thank you Pieter for answering the other question.

Back