• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

New Ship Models?

Are these PotC ships or COAS ships? There is a question because of spelling. That can be easily corrected though.

If this is a PotC list, the Carrack has no crew.

I'm now in the Quebec terminal building where I had hoped to use the free wireless wifi to download the Historical Ship Pack.
Unfortunately, the speed is such that the download will be finished by the time the ship has already departed.
And as much as I would like to get the ship pack, I can't afford to wait two days in Quebec for the ship to come back. :facepalm

I'm now in the Quebec terminal building where I had hoped to use the free wireless wifi to download the Historical Ship Pack.
Unfortunately, the speed is such that the download will be finished by the time the ship has already departed.
And as much as I would like to get the ship pack, I can't afford to wait two days in Quebec for the ship to come back. :facepalm
LOL! Unlucky there Pieter; sorry about the filesize, even when compressed, but quality comes at a price. ;)
But under your circumstances, I guess you'll need to wait until you get a real internet connection. :razz
It's definitely worth the wait, though!

I know it will be; I'll just be patient a bit longer. One more month, apparently...

And while we're at it, how about cleaning out the PotC models folder,
getting rid of substandard quality models? Which models don't we really like anymore?
Any thoughts on this? Now that I'm back, I'd soon like to get started on cleaning up various things, such as the ships we've got.

Any thoughts on this? Now that I'm back, I'd soon like to get started on cleaning up various things, such as the ships we've got.
Yes indeed, I think we touched on this before but did nothing about it, possibly due to needing replacement ships.
It's probably time to make a list as, a community, of ships we don't want and those we'd like replacing (a wish list for the modellers, perhaps...?).

Good day to all! Ok, first post here! i have a question as it's the first time i try to add on something to the CoAS (modded with the 3.1.5 mod). how do I add the ships I downloaded here in the game?

thanks! cheers

Good day to all! Ok, first post here! i have a question as it's the first time i try to add on something to the CoAS (modded with the 3.1.5 mod). how do I add the ships I downloaded here in the game?

thanks! cheers

Welcome aboard Mate,

You have to add them to the ships init file, the ships_h file, you have make new texture files for each ship and add their textures, and you need to add them to the encounter strings. If you look up Port or porting using the site search function you will find topics that discuss in detail what you have to do.....OR.....you can just wait for the release of CMV3.2 soon (in beta testing now) which already has all the new ships added.

MK

Perhaps once the next patch is released a few targets should be set: Perhaps there should be a short break from ship building and either fix the ones that still have problems/needs updating and the characters?

Some of the characters are really well made, but other just look like cuboids with limbs, IE: Jack Aubrey, James Norrington and Horatio Hornblower.

As much as I do appreciate new ship models, I've been saying that for a long, long time.
There is a time when a new ship is "just a new ship" and I'd consider it more valuable to have some existing stuff improved,
or new location models done or character models or something. :shrug

There is a time when a new ship is "just a new ship" and I'd consider it more valuable to have some existing stuff improved
Agreed, we've already been spoilt rotten by these amazing new ship models lately, and I think we've forgotten about the more important task of improving what we've currently got. :facepalm
Obviously, the more new high-detail ships we get, the worse our older ships look (and the lower the FPS goes).
In a way, I might even prefer seeing some old ships repaired/improved, as opposed to loads of new ones.
Or even just seeing some new models we need rather than want would be great. :shrug

Perhaps we could combine a need and a want?
I was just thinking about the 4-Masted Galleon we need to replace, and... I'd love to see a model of the Mary Rose in the game! :wp
She's an early 16th Century ship (celebrating her 500th Anniversary this year!), with four masts and plenty of guns.
She's a bit bigger than Galeon5, but does that really matter? She'd be a good match for the Saint Martin! :ixi

I don't mind, but then I'm not the person to say things about historical realism or gameplay value because I don't know much about either.
It all depends on what the modelers can be convinced to do.

Well I can't begin to tell you how much so many historical enthusiasts would love to see a Mary Rose model in-game!
Besides, I've only ever seen the recovered half of her hull in her old museum, along with paintings. It would be truly amazing to see a virtual sailing version!
She's as significant to the 16th century as Victory is to the 18th/19th centuries, in my opinion. And what better time to add her than her 500th anniversary? :woot
Hmm, I wonder if that's enough to convince a modeller...? :wp

It might be if you can find plans of what she's supposed to look like.

Oh... maybe modernknight1 can find some plans of her; he's been supplying the modelers with lots of them. :yes

Back