• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

New Ship Models?

Use GM_Viewer to see the textures the ship uses.

Is the Soliel Royal from COAs originally? if not you could try replacing her with it.

Oh wait in POTC ships share the texture files right, or at least some of them, so you can't remove all of them. If i was you i would remove the model, and all refernece to the Soliel Royal in the files but leave the texture files as they are otherwise you could end up messing other ships up.

Nope; we never did get a movie-accurate model. The Endeavour is actually the high detail HMS Victory model from Voyage Century Online that we... commandeered.

The Soleil Royal we've got was done by member red10october for CoAS, but our attempts to port her to PotC have failed.
She works, but not entirely right. It's not the stock CoAS Soleil Royal model, though you're right we could potentially use that one instead. :yes

Luke is correct about the ships sharing textures in PotC, but I think the textures the Soleil Royal uses are used only by her and can be safely removed.
That would be deco.tga.tx, dedk.tga.tx, soleilroyal1.tga.tx and unicorn1.tga.tx .
If we eventually find some of them are used on other ships after all, system.log will give us "missing texture" errors after which we can put them back.

I will get all the info for the Soliel Royal stock COAS version and upload it then when Experienced Captain gets time he can port her over.

Nope; we never did get a movie-accurate model.
Well perhaps if we asked someone really nicely... :wp

Luke is correct about the ships sharing textures in PotC, but I think the textures the Soleil Royal uses are used only by her and can be safely removed.
That would be deco.tga.tx, dedk.tga.tx, soleilroyal1.tga.tx and unicorn1.tga.tx .
If we eventually find some of them are used on other ships after all, system.log will give us "missing texture" errors after which we can put them back.
OK I'll do that then. Shame to see such a detailed model leave the Build Mod, though. :(
BUT hopefully the upcoming "Pgargon's Ships Pack" (or some name like that) will more than make up for it!

I will get all the info for the Soliel Royal stock COAS version and upload it then when Experienced Captain gets time he can port her over.
Sounds like a plan; I assume it will be on the CoAS FTP?

HMS Bellona
HMS Greyhound
HMS Sophie
HMS Mourdant
HMS Surprise (the new one is not yet released, but we all have high hopes)

Do you guys playing PotC have the same crew issues with all the ships?

As much as new ships is good, it would be nice to fix the issue with our crew floating in mid air or walking up invisable ladders and walking through walls/railings.... I'm... looking into it, but so far the few changes I tried making made things worse... so I reverted and started to rethink.

for a future, i would like to see in both mods the three decker 2nd rate ship HMS vanguard.... it was one of the fastest 2nd ate ships in these days... pefect for fast-rading forts.

Vanguard-(11).jpg

HMS Bellona
HMS Greyhound
HMS Sophie
HMS Mourdant
HMS Surprise (the new one is not yet released, but we all have high hopes)
Is this a wish list? xD:
Well, HMS Bellona is now ported, and the others will follow soon. ;)
And just so you know, I'll probably release the lot in one add-on ship pack soon.
Check the ships' respective threads in this forum for updates and first screenshots! :woot

As much as new ships is good, it would be nice to fix the issue with our crew floating in mid air or walking up invisable ladders and walking through walls/railings.... I'm... looking into it, but so far the few changes I tried making made things worse... so I reverted and started to rethink.
I can't really say I've seen that in PotC before; occasionally I've seen crew doing the wrong animation while climbing rigging, or sometimes even walking through the back of the ship, but those are on specific ships which I can't remember. But that's it, and from what I know, if there is ever a faulty crew walk, it simply isn't used.

Thats a 2nd rate, hmmn looks like a third to me.

Whats her name? Vanguard? I can try find more information.
Uh, yeah... I looked her up on Wikipedia and found 3 possible matches within the game's time periods, a 90-Gun 3-decker 2nd Rate, launched in 1678. BUT upon further research, it seems the image given matches the description of a 74-Gun 3rd Rate 'Arrogant' class Ship of the Line, launched in 1787. So I'm puzzled.
I fit's the 90-Gun 2nd rate, I certainly wouldn't say no to another, seeing as we've only got one model of those in PotC.
However, if it's the 74-Gun 3rd Rate, I should emphasise that I've already added 2 more (Le Superbe and HMS Bellona) to the game.
That doesn't mean I wouldn't like to add it, of course! The more the merrier!

If I'd have the choice, I'd prefer not to see more British frigates and/or manowar type ships to be made.
Since we have so many already, I'm much more interested in smaller boats or ships from other nations.
It'd be too bad if only the British get the really nice ships.
Of course CoAS doesn't (yet) care about which ships to generate for which nationality, but the PotC Build Mod does.

Well perhaps if we asked someone really nicely...
I think the Dauntless and Endeavour are both based on the HMS Victory.
We could take Pgargon's Victory model and retexture that one instead.
Other than that, I'm not sure who might be willing to make better movie-accurate versions.
Kazeite did the Black Pearl and HMS Interceptor and ZarethPL made the Flying Dutchman, but they're both quite inactive these days.
Maybe Pgargon could be convinced, but he seems quite happy making brilliant models of REAL ships.

Shame to see such a detailed model leave the Build Mod, though.
I know. :modding

Well, WE just remove the crew altogether instead of having these bizarreisms. :wp
This does result in many crewless ships. I'm trying to convince some coders to make a PotC Ship Walk <-> AoP/CoAS Sailorspoints conversion tool.
If we have that, we can share walk files between these games.
There's a tool in the Akella Tools archive that can be used to create sailorspoints files and fill up these ships.
This tool is much more userfriendly than what existed for PotC walk files, so if we get a conversion tool, we can use this for PotC also.

If I'd have the choice, I'd prefer not to see more British frigates and/or manowar type ships to be made.
Since we have so many already, I'm much more interested in smaller boats or ships from other nations.
It'd be too bad if only the British get the really nice ships.
Very true, I guess. At least new ships can be retextured, though...
And of course there are smaller ships still to port!

I think the Dauntless and Endeavour are both based on the HMS Victory.
We could take Pgargon's Victory model and retexture that one instead.
Hm, but they're scaled-down and slightly adjusted versions, so pgargon's Victory is too powerful and easily recognisable.
Still you must admit we need better 2nd Rates!

Other than that, I'm not sure who might be willing to make better movie-accurate versions.
Kazeite did the Black Pearl and HMS Interceptor and ZarethPL made the Flying Dutchman, but they're both quite inactive these days.
Maybe Pgargon could be convinced, but he seems quite happy making brilliant models of REAL ships.
I'm sure someone would be willing, especially since they're such great ships!
Besides, I'm sure there are plenty of REAL 2nd Rates we could choose from as pointers or templates for an Endeavour/Dauntless model.

Well, WE just remove the crew altogether instead of having these bizarreisms. :wp
This does result in many crewless ships.
Or 'ghost' ships... :shock
As strange as that may seem, admittedly it's better than ships with hovering crew!

Attention: the additional ship pack will be released soon!

The culmination of porting pgargon's ships- the additional ship pack for PotC- will soon be released!:dance
My current plan is to release the pack in the near future- if all goes to plan. There are now only a few things that need to be addressed:

1) The pack needs a name! All I've come up with so far is "Additional Ship Pack", so I'm open to suggestions from anyone! I've PM'd pgargon to see what his ideas are as well.
EDIT: My latest idea is "Historical Ship Pack"

2) Any last minute ship requests must be made- it's now or never! If I have missed out a ship you would like me to include, please tell me ASAP and I'll do what I can!
The list as it stands consists of:
HMS Victory
HMS Bellona
HMS Greyhound
HMS Sophie
HMS Nonsuch
HMS Mordaunt
Le Superbe
USS Enterprise
EDIT: Possible WIP ships to include once completed:
La Couronne by pgargon
La Creole by Jack Harrison

3) HMS Mordaunt needs all her textures uploaded!
EDIT: no longer a problem, thanks to pgargon

4) The reverse lighting bug needs fixing!

Check back to this post for updates on the release date and/or content to be included.

I'm listening...:yes
How soon will you be finished, do you think? I don't want to rush you, of course- take your time!
If necessary, I can delay the release a bit. And of course, I'd ensure you get credit for your contribution to the pack.

I think if i work a lot in a week, but very detailed... the name will be a surprise... she has 24 guns...

I think if i work a lot in a week, but very detailed... the name will be a surprise... she has 24 guns...

I misread that as "her name will be Surprise" xD:
Well in that case I can probably wait until you finish your corvette; I'm sure it will compliment the ship pack!
Good to have variety, especially since most of the ships in the pack are English. I look forward to seeing her finished!:doff

I can't wait! :woot

Anyway, I've had a thought.
What if a brief (I mean BRIEF) history of each ship was included in the pack?
Would that be an interesting addition, for players to gain some background knowledge about these historical ships?
I've already asked pgargon about this, as I am unable to do this in the coming week.
Speaking of history, I thought perhaps the name 'Historical Ship Pack' would be more fitting.:shrug

Back