• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved no profile

MD K47

Powder Monkey
Sometime not very often but enough to be a pain, the game will not save and state that there is no active profile. Is this a bug in the game or something, this has only occurred on the new horizon quest (original game).

This can happen when one has many profiles at the same time. The profile is not lost, but the program forgets which one to use. Look to the lower right hand side of the screen. You should find the profile you want eventually.

Another question - I installed the original game onto a newer window 7 computer and the the mod, both were on the c drive (and same folder) but not in program files. then tried to play it but got an error stating (again) missing engin.ini however this is the same folder, it should be working but it isn't, anyone suggest why?

I do not know what you are doing wrong. Is the mod installed into a separate folder from the stock game?

Hmm. Is the mod in a folder inside the POTC folder? They should be merged together during the install, but sometimes the mod is installed to a folder inside the POTC folder. It will not run that way.

yes they have merged i cannot open because it says engin.ini is missing, but that file is also in the folder.

Ok, open Config.exe and untick safe mode, then save. You will then have to reset your screen resolution in engine.ini.

Sorry for delay, I cannot open confix.exe, a message appears engin.ini or options file is missing. what can i do next?

I just got the mod to work in program files, by changing user rights, which allows programs to be updated and changed in program files. :D

Sorry for delay, I cannot open confix.exe, a message appears engin.ini or options file is missing. what can i do next?

Start the game and edit "options" and then exit. You will then be able to access config.exe and engine.ini.

no matter he mean start the game, go to options ,save setting, quite. but problem was u couldnt start the game in the first place :p
or maybe i didnt understand something here :S

the game starts up fine and works but trying to open config.exe gets the problem of missing engin.ini (which is there) or options file missing.

what the LOL
so do what hylie said start the game go to options and ...
also i am pretty sure u said u couldnt start the game :S
ugh why i dont shut up sorry

na, it's fine.
here is what happerened:
1/ game didn't work at all.
2/ re-load game into program files with mod changing security (of windows 7) setting to allow modification to file.
3/ in position where the game with mod works perfectly but with an 800 by 600 resolution, cannot open config.exe message pops up saying missing engin.ini or option files.
4/ in confused position writing in forum.

did u follow what hylie said before too? :S
start the game, go to options, change something (may not be required), save setting, quite now u should be able to access the config.exe (i hope :))

u know i dont know anything i am new member its why i should shut up and let someone with enough knowledge comment so there wont be confusion it seems i just messing everything sorry again

Ok, let me clear up just what I meant. Click on your desktop icon to start the game. The cannon goes boom and then you get to the main menu. One of the things there is "options". Set the options to your preference. Now the config.exe and engine.ini should work.

If it still does not work, but you can actually play the game, check and see if the controls work as advertised. When aboard ship does the spyglass work? If not, exit the game and go into your POTC folder and delete the options folder. Then go to the main menu and set the options
as you want them. Then play the game and see if the controls work ok. Do the "R" and "G" buttons work?

Back