• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help NO SHIP IMAGE!!!

FrozenHeart

Freebooter
Hello,
I downloaded build14 full 2nd time. No issue with downloading & installation. After installation of mod size is 9.99gb.

But when I am going to play there is no ship image to display. Both in starting screen & after start. There is only 'gray color' in the place of ship window(in F2 & shipyard both). I can see the level no. of those ship and the ship name too, but no image of ship, only gray color. :(

This is my 2nd installation, 1st installation had the same result.

Can you check your RESOURCE\Textures\INTERFACES folder to see that the following files are there?
shipsBL.tga.tx
shipsBR.tga.tx
shipsTL.tga.tx
shipsTR.tga.tx

Those are the ones containing the ship interface screenshots.

You can then try the following:

1. Open RESOURCE\INI\INTERFACES\pictures.ini and ensure that those files ARE references there. (They should be!)

2. Post your system.log file to see if there is anything there about missing textures or something.

3. Set SHIP_INTERFACE_SCREENSHOTS to 0 at the top of PROGRAM\Ships\ships_init.c to see if that will at least return the "old" style ship pictures.

1. Could not find those 4 files in RESOURCE\INI\INTERFACES\pictures.ini

2. There is system log files.

3. When I changed SHIP_INTERFACE_SCREENSHOTS to 0, it will work. But not for all storyline, at list 2 storyline has the same problem(can't remember by name).

Attachments

• system.log
    4.2 KB · Views: 104
Can you upload that pictures.ini? Them not being in there would explain a lot.
How that is even possible does seem a mystery though. :shock

Why not!! Please see the attachment, I tried to find them but can't. Maybe you can. Please don't mind if I missed them.
I forgot to say one thing, I have intel and loaded the intel graphic fix from installer. Maybe that could be a problem:unsure
I have to go now. Place a reply when you can, I will see later.

Attachments

• pictures.ini
    166.4 KB · Views: 103
The file is correct. They are in there. Makes it even more bizarre. Perhaps your computer cannot handle loading all the required textures at the same time?
Those ship one are admittedly pretty big.

Yes, I think you are right. I did some R&D with it. I think it's texture problem. Intel graphic fix (installed or not installed) is not much matter for me. With or without it I can still go to sea or world map, in starting level(crashing sometime).
My R&D result =
1. When I am using 'highest texture' mode the ship is not showing anywhere(only gray color), also long loading time with everything like game loading, door open, inventory loading, ship deck & world map loading etc.
2. When I am using 'medium texture' mode the ship is showing(except in 2 storyline), also reduce loading time in all above. Although not good to look specially text & inventory items :(
Reply if you have any solution for this.

Anyway I am going to uninstall it again. Have another question, do I need to restart my PC after installing the main game(as prompted) and then load the mod or install the mod without restarting??

Yes, I think you are right. I did some R&D with it. I think it's texture problem. Intel graphic fix (installed or not installed) is not much matter for me. With or without it I can still go to sea or world map, in starting level(crashing sometime).
My R&D result =
1. When I am using 'highest texture' mode the ship is not showing anywhere(only gray color), also long loading time with everything like game loading, door open, inventory loading, ship deck & world map loading etc.
2. When I am using 'medium texture' mode the ship is showing(except in 2 storyline), also reduce loading time in all above. Although not good to look specially text & inventory items :(
Reply if you have any solution for this.
You mean the texture quality you can set in Config.exe?
That does support my theory that the problem is your computer specifications. Perhaps your processor or RAM memory just aren't enough for the game to fully work?

Anyway I am going to uninstall it again. Have another question, do I need to restart my PC after installing the main game(as prompted) and then load the mod or install the mod without restarting??
I don't think it matters much either way.

You are right, that's config.exe I used to change the texture.

Yes, my PC is really old. I mean processor(14 years old). I am taking my chances with it :) Will buy a new one shortly and will never go for intel board. :mad:

Yes, my PC is really old. I mean processor(14 years old). I am taking my chances with it :) Will buy a new one shortly and will never go for intel board. :mad:
Intel processors aren't actually a problem; it's only when you rely on its built-in graphics chip that this game doesn't work.
In other words, an Intel processor with an AMD or Nvidia graphics card would work fine. ;)

A 14 year old cpu can not run POTC or anything else made in this century.

Right now the CPU to watch is the AMD Kaveri. It was just introduced 2 months ago and when the software for it is fully implemented that $150 apu will be outperforming $600 cpu's.

I am not blaming to intel processor. I am taking about intel motherboard/desktop board. Will never buy intel motherboard again. I am not fascinated about laptop, I just love desktop.

Must be a lack of processing power or a lack of RAM, I think.
Possibly even the RAM, which would explain why the game cannot load everything that is needed.

Yeah both, but mainly processor I think(2.4 GHz). Anyway I still need time for a new one and these days I can't control myself for playing, so I will take my chances in medium texture or whatever :)

You could also mess around a bit with the TX Converter (http://piratesahoy.net/build/tools/Modeling Texturing/TX Convertor.zip) and decrease the quality on only those four texture files.
That might convince them to show up. Find them, convert them to TGA, then convert them back to TGA.TX with extra compression applied.
Ok, thanks, downloaded. You mean to say, after installation find them through TX convertor? Then convert to TGA, then again convert TGA.TX with compression and save them again to their default path?? Right?

Back