• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

WIP Officer System Modifications

Aye, that's what it is. I tested this new behavior and it looks like it hits at approx. 45 degrees from the wind. With the wind coming from about 45 degrees the ship dropped out of fast time about the time it was pointing due North or 0 degrees.

That is pretty close to the limit for most ships so it shouldn't cause too much trouble.
It bothers me because:
1. I often sail ships that can go much deeper into the wind than that.
2. I am most likely to use fast time when fighting the constant head winds. I often spend a day or more just sitting there waiting for the winds to change before I can sail on. Doing that in straight time would be tedious.

The "dropping out of time compression" is linked with the "sails fluttering" sound. So it will only ever happen if the wind is from straight ahead.
As I said, it is not intentional, but a side-effect of the way I coded it. It'd be easy enough to remove that "slow down" altogether again.
Unfortunately I haven't thought of a way to fix it properly yet though.

Back