• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed officers do not level up

Hylie Pistof

Curmudgeon
QA Tester
Storm Modder
Pirate Legend
As the title says, my officers do not seem to level up much at all.

I am at level 42 and my officers range from level 18 for the first one I hired down to level 8 for Saldhana whom I just recently hired.

All officers were either hired off the street or from a table in a tavern. Is this intentional?

Of course it's not intentional. More development required. :facepalm

nope, it seems the XP isn't send to the officers while it should happen. I'm looking into it

This is how it looks for Companion ,its a lot of points and skills. seadogs2_0000.jpg

This is how it looks for Companion ,its a lot of points and skills.View attachment 22241
Was this one you encountered in a tavern?

Also note to self: Don't forget to substract skillpoints again when doing an auto skill distribution.

Was this one you encountered in a tavern?

Also note to self: Don't forget to substract skillpoints again when doing an auto skill distribution.
I play as naval officer, so the officer is a promotion officer. I dont remember his point and skills when I
got him , I can take a look in the savegames and see if I can find something. He earned a lot in sea battle,
I think.

I replay the sequence where I am promoted, and this is how it looks for him,
the moment I got him.seadogs2_0000.jpg

Level 36 even then! What's your own character level at the time?

Had a look at my three officers - I have the Share Experience Skill - but none of the player experience is passed onto your officers - I went from Level 6 with my officers at a similar level - I got to level 20 and they did not change levels at all.

Also that issue I reported prior to the last WIP regarding the Relations page points distribution is back again - I sank a French Battleship with my Pinnace (whilst protected by the Port Royal Fort) which on screen was worth 14 points - but none of my relations points changed - I didn't have any "Letters of Mark" though.

Hope this helps.

My own level was 24 at the time I got him.
That is quite a large difference between your and the officer's level.
@Levis, what is supposed to be the relation between player and officer levels now?

Also that issue I reported prior to the last WIP regarding the Relations page points distribution is back again - I sank a French Battleship with my Pinnace (whilst protected by the Port Royal Fort) which on screen was worth 14 points - but none of my relations points changed - I didn't have any "Letters of Mark" though.
If you don't have a LoM, you have no legal right to attack ships so won't get any points.
Sinking a French one is then considered an act of Piracy, which means those points should have been added to the Pirates.
Unless you are already up to 0 points with them, after which the points have nowhere let to go.
You might have lost those points with France as well though.

Sorry Pieter, I didn't realize this was intentional.

Previously we had points allocated for and against all other nations affected when you sank a ship - If you didn't have a Letter of Mark - you could not get a promotion but the points were there so that when you did, you were granted the relevant promotions straight away - sort of like recognition for previous experience being granted by the Governor - particularly if you have been actively assisting that Nation by eliminating the opposition forces.

For my normal game play - it is not an issue - as I normally get a letter of mark from the Portugal at the start of the standard storyline.

Previously we had points allocated for and against all other nations affected when you sank a ship - If you didn't have a Letter of Mark - you could not get a promotion but the points were there so that when you did, you were granted the relevant promotions straight away - sort of like recognition for previous experience being granted by the Governor - particularly if you have been actively assisting that Nation by eliminating the opposition forces.
Indeed the previous system was really quite different. The new one is intended to make the game a bit more interesting as well as historically accurate.
It also gives LoMs their historical purpose so that if you don't have one and are sinking other nations' ships, you're pretty much a pirate.

Please place this file in the PROGRAM folder and see if this solves it.

if not, please change this:
Code:
#define DEBUG_EXPERIENCE    0
to
Code:
#define DEBUG_EXPERIENCE    2

and play for a while where officers should get XP and post the compile.log

Attachments

• Leveling.c
    71.5 KB · Views: 75
Has anyone else noticed this? I picked up Masse who is supposed to be a Maltese knight and an experienced warrior. Naturally he died in the first fight. Anyway, this is pretty much what new officers look like.
POTC new 2015-08-06 09-08-44-89.jpg

Has anyone else noticed this? I picked up Masse who is supposed to be a Maltese knight and an experienced warrior. Naturally he died in the first fight. Anyway, this is pretty much what new officers look like.
View attachment 22262
He seems to be generated wrong ....
Where do you encounter him? Please provide a savegame just prior to when you encounter him the first time (before you enter the location he is at).

Here is one. Go through the gate and enter the church. Talk to the monk and kill the Animists.

Attachments

• -=Player=- Jamaica.7z
    624.2 KB · Views: 59
Back