• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Pc Upgrade

What should I upgrade?

• The GPU

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • The Processor

Votes: 7 87.5%
  • The Motherboard

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • My RAM

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • The Case (Haf 932)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Something is really slowing your system down, but I doubt it is ram.
You mentioned my graphic card are the bottleneck in my system. I tried to overclock the system
and the cpu is going from 3.4 Ghz to 3.479Ghz, the graphic cpu from 1150 to 1173. I don't know
anything about overclocking, so my question is: is there a meaning with doing it, do I earn anything
doing that. If you have any advise about this matter, I will bee happy to hear them .:8q

In the other thread I said I didn't know if it was your GPU causing your slowdowns, but it looked like your CPU and RAM were doing fine. That is why I wanted you to run MSI Afterburner so we could see how your GPU is running.

About overclocking, only the K models are unlocked. You have a locked CPU so that most likely is all you can get. You will probably not notice the difference. You might notice a very slight improvement from the GPU overclock.

Bigger overclocks deliver a bigger increase in performance. I have a 25% overclock and it runs that much faster. But I had to upgrade everything starting with case fans because the increased speeds come from increased voltage and heat.

You have been getting a lot of crashes which makes me wonder about maintenance. Do you defrag at least once a week? I defrag every three days.

Do you defrag at least once a week?
I have SSD harddisc, so no more defrag for me. Before with the old disc, I was doing like you. You cant
defrag a SSD disc. If you in some way force it to do it, you might harm it badly.

Attachments

• Udklip.PNG
    Udklip.PNG
    24.1 KB · Views: 129
Ah, SSD! So no defrag.

Is that on land or at sea? It looks like the CPU is hardly working at all.

How are loads at sea? That is where I see the highest loads.

Your video card rates as slightly better than my last one, so it should handle POTC very well. I had a problem with it in that the load POTC put on it was so light it would drop into economy mode and performance dropped drastically. I fixed that problem in the video card control panel where I set every setting to the max in a custom profile for POTC. That put enough load on it to make it run in gaming mode and increased performance. Plus it looks way better like that.

I can see you have teksturfiltrering set to performance, I have choosed high quality .
Maybe I should try it at performance and see what happens?

You can try it if you want. I found it made no difference and now have it set at normal. This is only a DX8 game with low rez textures so setting it to high quality is futile.

What parts do you guys recommend for me?
I have this SSD harddisc, and when I get it, it was a big step forward. Every things goes so much faster now, and
no defrag is a nice thing to deal whit. So I think SSD harddisc is a must for a new computer.:)

Back